Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The Evo will bolt right in, if the frame has been clearanced at upper seat post ( if aftermarket frame, most likely done already). If the Twin Cam has the 4 bolt mounting flange it will require an adapter to Bolt in. Unless the T-C has gear drive cams, I'd go with the Evo. There are tons of parts available for not much $$ for both engines. The T-C will vibrate in a solid mount frame, more than an Evo, unless it has been balanced much better than standard factory issue.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
our builder friend recently built a similar bike for himself (4 speed s/a frame, baker 4 speed, etc) with a twin cam, so I'm confident we'll get either motor to fit with a some modification to frame. twin cam will have gear driven S&S cams. as I mentioned, they said twincam is better especially with a 4 speed, anyone know why that would be?
I think it works best with a 4 speed, because he has one for sale! The igniton set up for an Evo is SIMPLE, you can run points even. Not So with a T-C, you'll have to go with an expensive Stand Alone ignition, or buy the Nice but expensive Vulcan Engineering set-up. I'm going thru this right now with a T-C trike I'm putting together. Its been an Expensive learning experience. And I am a fan of the T-C, its a well built stout engine, but bang for the Buck an Evo kicks its ass! The stock T-C is a 4 inch stroke, where as the Evo is a 4-1/4" stroke, which equates to more bottom end torque also. Plus looks wise I think most will agree the Evo is a better looking engine. I mean its not a SHOVEL ( my fav, ), but hey you asked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.