Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of buying this bike, and i think the front end looks kind of goofy. What is wrong with it? Is it stretched? or what? :confused:

·
Registered
117 Posts
IMO it would look better with a couple of inches less in the length of the forks.Looks to be at least 4" over to meThe front wheel looks a bit small,any idea on the size ? also if you need to have a front mudguard i think it would look better if it was the same colour as the rest of the paintwork.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I dunno...Shorter bars, maybe a 21" front wheel? Shorter forks might cause ground clearance issues with this one??? Having said that, if the forks will go right through the upper triple clamp, you could even consider clip-ons...kinda hard to tell with it sitting on the rough ground. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I dunno...Shorter bars, maybe a 21" front wheel? Shorter forks might cause ground clearance issues with this one??? Having said that, if the forks will go right through the upper triple clamp, you could even consider clip-ons...kinda hard to tell with it sitting on the rough ground. Just food for thought.
Yeah, it's difficult to tell what's going on with it in the gravel. Post another shot on the pavement if you can.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Also looks like it's sitting to low in back and the forks were made longer to give it some ground clearence. Could there be some rake in the neck as well?

Mutt

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Looks to me like there is a lot of drop in the hardtail, which forces you to have a longer front end just to have some ground clearance. That exhaust pipe doesn't help the ground clearance issue either. And the fork and front wheel look Japanese.

If you can buy it at a good price, it does have potential. You can modify the hardtail to have less drop, find a better pipe and maybe a real Triumph fork with a 21" wheel. This opinion is worth the paper from which you're reading it.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
It has a aftermarket hardtail with over 4inches streach!! You will need to take in the bottom rails to bring the rear axle in to rais it, then you wont need so long of forks to compensait......

.......Roach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts