Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did u set it up I'm trying to figure what would be the best way for the cable. I'm trying to use the standard shifter as my foot clutch. Anyone have pics?

·
Registered
380 Posts
easy man easy just a littlw ball busting thats all. anyways i would put forwards on it if your gonna do a jockey shift would make it much nicer looking in my opinion

·
Registered
755 Posts
Normally I'd tell you to use the search function to get the best results, but I'm starting work on the same problem.

Here are some of the pics I've collected during my research.

To be fair, not all of these are jockey. Some are shift and some are kick shift...but they all solve the issue of a foot peg, pivot point and lever jammed between the tranny, seat post and motor.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Here's my setup to-date.

I started with a 90 degree plate that's fit over the front two tranny plate mounts. The tranny plate is tapped, but I drilled out the plate and welded nuts to the top of my 90 degree plate. Then I notched a piece of pipe and put it over the plate.

You can see the bottom corner of the 90 degree plate in the pic above.

I'm using mid 70s brake-side foot controls where I've removed the splined shaft and separated the brake lever from the carrier. I'll weld up a new tab to the carrier on both sides. One for the brake and one for the clutch.

I have more meat on the splined shaft than I need, so I'll turn down the end to get a better fit in the pipe before I weld them.

In the pic I'm using black iron pipe, just to check for fit and mock it up. Not sure what I'll use when I actually make it. I might drop it off at my dad's and see if he'll mill it from solid stock...guess it depends on how much work I put into this.

I'm probably going to use a cable instead of a rod to actuate the clutch since it's going to be a sharp angle with limited throw. I'll probably be working on that or the brake next so I'll post when I get to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts