I started with a 90 degree plate that's fit over the front two tranny plate mounts. The tranny plate is tapped, but I drilled out the plate and welded nuts to the top of my 90 degree plate. Then I notched a piece of pipe and put it over the plate.
You can see the bottom corner of the 90 degree plate in the pic above.
I'm using mid 70s brake-side foot controls where I've removed the splined shaft and separated the brake lever from the carrier. I'll weld up a new tab to the carrier on both sides. One for the brake and one for the clutch.
I have more meat on the splined shaft than I need, so I'll turn down the end to get a better fit in the pipe before I weld them.
In the pic I'm using black iron pipe, just to check for fit and mock it up. Not sure what I'll use when I actually make it. I might drop it off at my dad's and see if he'll mill it from solid stock...guess it depends on how much work I put into this.
I'm probably going to use a cable instead of a rod to actuate the clutch since it's going to be a sharp angle with limited throw. I'll probably be working on that or the brake next so I'll post when I get to it.