Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I am trying to organize some old photos and wanted to see if anyone can identify the make/models and the approximate years of these motor cycles.

I know the first photo (A) was taken in 1913.

Any ideas???

THANKS!

Josh

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
(A) is an Indian PowerPlus Twin. (B) and (C) are Indian and Harley Twins. The photos look to be taken at the same location and within the same time frame. Probably around '36-'38 and the motorcycles likely fall within that range of years. Not sure about that, but there's my guess.

Bob

·
Registered
333 Posts
(A) is actually a 1913 to 1915 "F" head Indian last of the Hedstrom models, photo is too fuzzy to tell much else such as if it is a single speed or if it has a transmission. Powerplus was the '16 to '24 sidevalve version brought out after Oscar Hedstrom left the company.

(B) Is '38 or '39 Chief (is that a '39 World's Fair paint scheme???? I'd have to check as I can't quite remember the details)

(C) knuckle but I don't know enough to pin down the year

·
Banned
2,013 Posts
I say the two crashed ones are both '38. The Harley still has the pre-39 taillight but has the '38-'39 heads.
The Indian is a '38 paint job.
Robbie

·
Registered
838 Posts
The Indian Chief appears to be about 1935 to 1937. Reasons, low mount horn and high mount headlite, has the early dash. 1938 was first year of the aluminum dash. 35 would have threaded gas caps, hard to tell, also no valance on the rear fender and non interchangable front wheel. Would like to see the gas caps and tail lite better to get a better idea. Also I think if I remember right the side stand might be differrent in those years also. I think I have bought some front end parts off of the harley and the chief! LOL!!! thanks for the photosa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.