Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Looks like 45 but I don't see the shift gate screw holes on the left tank or emblem mounts. I'm probably wrong again though. Wish I could remember the shape/years for the dashboard indent, that would narrow the hunt down a little.

Someone here will know.

·
Banned
1,454 Posts
Of course they are garbage.... :) but you know, someone's garbage is another's treasure, right ?

You mean racing WL or stock WL ?
you mean WR not "racing WL." and those did not have a crossover that went into the right side as far as i know, also thy are more narrow.

see if you can clean off the paint on the left side fuel tank and see if you find the shift gate mounts under some bondo or lead.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, the shift gate mounts should be under some bondo if they are original.

DId the WR had a oil tank under the seat? (I've seen that on some but don't know if they were all original)

·
Banned
1,454 Posts
Ok, the shift gate mounts should be under some bondo if they are original.

DId the WR had a oil tank under the seat? (I've seen that on some but don't know if they were all original)
i dont think the WR's ever had the fuel shut off valve above the filler cap, and they are noticeably skinnier than those. here http://www.wrdaytona.blogspot.com/ scroll about 1/4 down the page till you see the tank comparisons.

·
Registered
838 Posts
tanks are 1940 to 1946 harley 45 tanks. No emblems could be police servicar. or army. There is also a difference in the oil tank the way the oil label is raised or stamped between the army and civilian ones. I think 1940 was the first year of the on top of the tank shut off valve. The 39 and early ones had a petcock on the bottom. Dash cut out changed to the later style in 1947. Also the tank gate area was differrent on the 47 and up, has a dent for the gate not smooth like the earlier ones.. just my 2 cents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.