Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got this wheel with my basket '66 Triumph project but i haven't found any Triumph pics with this same wheel. it's a 19" TLS front drum 7" ID, no identifying marks that i can find, the rim looks like it says DID.

shoes are magnesium as best i can tell and the drum/hub & backing plate are aluminum.

thanks for any help!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honda 350. If you decide on running a triumph tls front wheel I can help you out
cool thanks! yep looks like late 60s CL350. i'm pretty sure that's what my fork legs are as well.

i will likely dump this jap shit as soon as i can put together a springer/21 combo. but hey, at least it'll be a roller! :(

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looking for ideas for a brake stay.

well, i think i made it look a little better. i dig it. gonna finish out the holes and call 'er good.

i want to mount it in this orientation to put the linkage on the right side of the bike so i need to come up with a brake stay setup.

opinions on welding a bung onto the face of the backing plate to move the brake stay hole up (and removing the original)?

will a welded brake stay bung on the fork leg and plate hold up? :confused:

edit: should have been more clear....the new brake stay lug would be welded to the side of the brake cable mount and the inside of the fork leg with a through-bolt.

thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, figured I'd drop my wheel ID question here.

Rim is a 19" Jones. Have not been able to ID this drum but I went through the trouble of mating it to a late model narrow glide and now it needs new brake shoes. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.