Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put new bars on my Triumph (650 Tiger/'66) as well as a new cable and handle. Now it seems as though the clutch isn't pulling in all the way. It doesn't want to go in gear. It's fine when its parked and the bike is off, but not while its running. I can't seem to find neutral or first without grinding, even though I have the clutch pulled in all the way. Any ideas? I have plenty of adjustment at both ends of the cable...

Spike

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Spike! said:
I put new bars on my Triumph (650 Tiger/'66) as well as a new cable and handle. Now it seems as though the clutch isn't pulling in all the way. It doesn't want to go in gear. It's fine when its parked and the bike is off, but not while its running. I can't seem to find neutral or first without grinding, even though I have the clutch pulled in all the way. Any ideas? I have plenty of adjustment at both ends of the cable...

Spike
At the handlebar adjustment, the ferrule needs to be adjusted out, or away from the lever....try a full turn and see how it works....then more if necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts