Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys im not sure if you have heard but one of chopper builders little girls is seriously ill with cancer.Her name is Siobhan and she is a beautifull brave little girl. chopperbuilder.co.uk members are trying hard to raise money to send her on a dream holiday.She really needs our help to make this possible!I have posted the following message on Chopper builder to try and raise some money,please take a look and hopefully you may be able to help out?
Please check out Ebay motors.We were wondering how we can raise some more money for little Siobhan so we decided to produce for auction a one off full size poster of the Barons Speed Shop old skool Triumph The Zombie with MarieAnna the apprentice mechanic and Barons wife posing on it.Hopefully it will help towards making Siobhans dream come true.Please take a look and if you can place a bid as every little helps.The item number is 8065503421.
Many thanks guys and keep up the good work,The Baron and MarieAnna THe Barons Speed Shop.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8065503421&ru=http://motors.search.ebay.com:80/8065503421_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

·
Registered
83 Posts
Baron, a noble cause!
Why not put up some more details about who this girl is, age, parents and where she lives. The above post is not really clear.
It may help to get more people to bid if they are more clear about
everything.
Where can we find more about chopper builders?
Good luck!

ps: my bid is placed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There ya go man, I bid 76, dare someone to beat me!

Good luck man, Im not much at marketing, but Ill get a set of my 2 inch risers in brass and aluminum to you for nothing. Find someone who knows how to market em for ya on ebay and they should be able to get 200 plus out of each....

Probably be cheaper for me to send them straight from my shop, but its up to you.

PM me or email me and well put our heads together on em.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ill have to see what my ebay auctions bring in over the next week, I want that poster, shes a hottie.

Heres the risers..
In AL

In brass

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

chopperbuilder.co.uk is your brother site in the UK,Here is a little more in on Little Siobhan.

Hi All,
Just want to start by saying a huge THANK YOU for the overwhelming offers of support and kind words towards my daughter Siobhan during this trying and upsetting time.

Siobhan simply bumped herself on her school desk one day and as a result had a large lump and bruise on her right hip... after a few days bruise went but lump stayed.

We took her to hospital 3 times and 3 times we were told it's nothing to worry about, then on our 4Th visit they wanted to lance and drain lump at which point they found it to be a tumor.

Siobhan underwent various tests and scans at which point we were told it was cancer and it was both in the lump and her lungs and the doctors gave us a 50% chance of her getting clear.

She may only be 7 but she is a stubborn and bright girl who we told as best we could the truth about her illness to which she responded to by telling us 'don't worry I will be ok!' ... and like her words she has been brave and fought through every thing this illness has so far chucked at her!

So far she has had 5 lots of chemo and endured all the side affects with a brave and positive manner...when told her long hair would fall-out she said to docs...' ok, but when it grows back can you make it blond!' , this just shows the kind of spirit she has.

The idea of a 'Siobhan Fund' was as a result of some biker friends at Xmas giving me a very generous cheque... I've always been kinda proud in life and never took a 'hand-out' and was a bit taken-back, then I realized this was friends just genuinely trying to help us through a rough time.

When we told friends and family about the cheque it was suggested that Siobhan should be given the chance to go-to the one place she wanted to and that was Disney Florida, that's when the 'fund' started and various sponsor events and the like were planned.

I can only once again thank everyone who is kind enough to help towards my daughter's cause.
HAGGISBIKER

Any donations can be kindly sent to : SIOBHAN SHEARER
44 INVERCAULD GARDENS
MASTRICK
ABERDEEN
AB16 5RQ.

Have been asked about Paypal donations and these can be sent to
[email protected]. Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your support !Please place a bid on Ebay motors if you can or send any donations to the address shown in the letter above written by little Siobhans dad.Any amount counts to help Siobhan fulfill her dream of going to Disney land and any special treats she may need.
Many thanks guys,The Baron and MarieAnna.The Barons Speed Shop.

:) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8065503421&ru=http://motors.search.ebay.com:80/8065503421_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

·
Registered
471 Posts
Keep us posted on when the risors will go up for auction, i have been wanting a pair for a while, just a thought it rather than shipping to England, put them up for sale and ship them from here?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Guy's,
Thankyou so much for all your support you are Ace,please keep up the good work and kind donations for little Siobhan.Mute thankyou so much for donating the risers that is more than generous,your a great guy.If you can't find someone to help you auction them on ebay you can forward them to Siobhans address listed in the thread and her daddy will be able to auction them on ebay on her behalf.Thanks again guy's you are the best,heres the Ebay link again if you would like to bid on the one off poster of the Barons Speed Shop custom Triumph The Zombie with MarieAnna apprentice mechanic modelling.All proceeds from the auction will be going to little Siobhan so please if you can place a bid,every little counts.
luv MarieAnna The Barons Speed Shop Apprentice.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8065503421&ru=http://motors.search.ebay.com:80/8065503421_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ill put the risers up on Tuesday for a 7 day auction, Ill post the link when it gets listed.

If anyone can help me come up with the description for the listing I would be appreciative, I really suck as a salesman.. lol.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Mute,
Heres's an idea for you?Cool Flanders style risers in a choice of finishes.Not avaliable from anywhere else,these are being auctioned for a very worthy cause.All proceeds from the auction will go towards helping a little girl from England called Siobhan who is very ill with cancer.The money raised will help fulfill her dreams of a holiday to Disneyland Florida ! Please place a bid as every dollar helps.
Many thanks.:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had something similar happen to me when I was a kid. The doctors thought I had mono, turned out to be a tumor. Keep her spirits up, positive thinking goes a long way. Let's get her to Florida. She is going to be OK.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Devil chicken,
Glad to hear you pulled through,this gives a lot of encouragment for Siobhan.She is the bravest ,toughest little girl and her dad says she just keeps smilling even when it's really bad.She is a tough little cookey and i am sure with all her strengh and inner determination she will get well reall soon!!! Keep the good work up everyone.
The Baron and MarieAnna.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts