Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to make a wheel fit my springer front end. To do this I need some bearings that I can't find in the UK but I wondered if there is a US source that I can import from.

This is what I need:-

Inner Diam 3/4" x Outer Diam 1 1/4"

The closest I have found in the UK is a metric size of 32mm x 20mm but if I use those I will need to modify the springer and make a new wheel spindle as the springer wheel spindle is 3/4" and I would rather not do that.

Any help here will be very much appreciated.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I called 2 suppliers & a specialty co. best I can get is 3/4 - 1 3/8... My suggestion would be to switch to a 5/8" axle & install 5/8- 3/4 shouldered bushing in the rocker. It doesn't turn so it won't eat the bushing. Just trim it to fit. All of what you need should be readily available. Just need to ad it to the list of maintinance items to check (like it aint big enough already).

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Oh yeah, 5/8" x 1 1/4" sealed bearings are like $6-$8 every where . & the bronze bushing works well if you use a shouldered one, your axle spacers & the axle nut hold it in place perfectly, must use "never sieze" or its a bitch to get them off the axle.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Can't find that size combination in any catalogs yet.

I am trying to make a wheel fit my springer front end. To do this I need some bearings that I can't find in the UK but I wondered if there is a US source that I can import from.

This is what I need:-

Inner Diam 3/4" x Outer Diam 1 1/4"

The closest I have found in the UK is a metric size of 32mm x 20mm but if I use those I will need to modify the springer and make a new wheel spindle as the springer wheel spindle is 3/4" and I would rather not do that.

Any help here will be very much appreciated.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called 2 suppliers & a specialty co. best I can get is 3/4 - 1 3/8... My suggestion would be to switch to a 5/8" axle & install 5/8- 3/4 shouldered bushing in the rocker. It doesn't turn so it won't eat the bushing. Just trim it to fit. All of what you need should be readily available. Just need to ad it to the list of maintinance items to check (like it aint big enough already).
That is a great idea, maybe that will work.

Was that wheel ever used on that springer before ?
No, this is a new setup.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
My friend mike has been running this on his 34 disk brake VL for many years. He runs a sportster19" single disk wheel. He checks them regularly, there good for
10,000 miles before replacement, total cost about $5.00 & a 6 pack.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
My friend mike has been running this on his 34 disk brake VL for many years. He runs a sportster19" single disk wheel. He checks them regularly, there good for
10,000 miles before replacement, total cost about $5.00 & a 6 pack.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts