Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how everyone protects their skull when they enter the world of half-asleep cellphone drivers. Seems like a great place to make a statement, artistic or otherwise.

·
Registered
504 Posts
that's funny you asked about helmets cause i just ran across this old gem again.

i think it was already posted on the Hamb or here, to all you newbies.

enjoy...

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
shit photo is smaller than i thought.

well she's wearing the helmet upside down and riding obliviously down the road.

its the funniest damn thing i've ever seen.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here's my Davida Jet: VERY nice helmet with leather and silk lining. Kind of hot for short summer trips, but GREAT in cold weather and for long interstate rides.

The other is a Daytona 3/4. It needs some One-Shot on there, but I have to get ALOT better at laying lines before I'd be seen in publc wearing any of my hack-ass work! It's a little more low profile than the davida, cooler and lighter, too. (not to mention about 75% cheaper!)

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
do they still make the dayton's? yours is vintage right?

i want one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Painted by me many moons ago, one of my first flame jobs....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

Heres one I flaked to wear at the HAMB drags
I am fortunate in that I was born free and live in a state
where I can ride free.Wish it was that way for everyone.
I dont want to get started on the helmet debate
but its just nice to be able to make a choice.
Also would like to bring out the pic one more time
from fellow JJ member Brian P.This was funny as shit and a great
photo shop job by the way.
Sorry Crow didnt mean to disappoint yer girl at the drags
when I left my outfit at the hotel and she could get any
pics of me wearin it.:p

Shoe

Shoe

·
Registered
81 Posts
If anyone's looking for a 60-70's style open face (rounded at the bottom, not the new sqaured of ones, Pep Boys actually has a DOT approved one for $35. It's light and once you scrape the stickers off you'd never know it wasn't 20 years old.

·
Registered
500 Posts
JEB said:
Rats! Well anyway, I like your helmet doilie!
I meant Jason Scorcher, a notorious pilferer of all things flaked green. You JEB may have it if you wish, I owe you for a bike.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Here is mine. Nearly pee'd myself when I saw it sitting lonesome on a table at a garage sale. The A/FX emblems are sweeeeet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was going outside and the wife asked where I was going. I told her I was going outside to take pictures of my helmet. she kind of gave me a funny look and said "Don't let the neighbors see you".

Wrong helmet honey...

Spike
PS-Pennsylvania went "helmet-less" last year.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Man....this is another reason I have to get a new digital camera!
I'm always complaining that I can't collect anything small and managable.

Like stamps. Or money.
Its always gotta be something stupid like model cars or old drumsets.
Anyhow....I've sort of amassed a collection of some pretty cool old metal flake helmets....my pride and joy being a Shoie (sp?) "Fancy Stripe" in black & silver with a gold metal flake over it.
Its hideous & I love it!
I know you guys would appreciate it...unlike the sheep around here.
This guy I work with (who just doesn't get ANYTHING) once threatened to run me off the road if he ever saw me wearing it in public.....although I THINK he was still upset about the time I put a grease fitting in the back of his tool box & kind of filled it up the top draw on him.....but that's another story.
Anyhow....I say the uglier the better...if for no other reason than making some shithead on his cell phone in his suv stop for a second and say, "Wow! Look at that moron in the sparkley....oh! Wait...he's on a motorcycle."

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Here's mine.. first helmet striping i've ever done..one of the first leafing projects too.

NOTE: that ivory color around the silver leaf is now black.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts