Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

recently bagged an old arthur fulmer AF40 thingy on ebay. The lining is ok but could do with relining, would there be such a thing as a helmet relining kit ? anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Pete

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Ive asked them about it before. They dont do arthur fulmers. They said they were working on a kit that would be ready in a few weeks.... that was like 6 months ago.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I relined my '73 Spoiler helmet myself with new 1/4" foam, 1/2" foam, spray adhesive and black headliner material, all bought at my local fabric store.I used a new open face helmet to reverse engineer and see how it is was put together. It wasn't easy, and if I knew how to use a sewing machine it would have turned out nicer. But it is comfy and has lasted a whole year so far with no malfunctions.

mitch

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mcotie said:
I relined my '73 Spoiler helmet myself with new 1/4" foam, 1/2" foam, spray adhesive and black headliner material, all bought at my local fabric store.I used a new open face helmet to reverse engineer and see how it is was put together. It wasn't easy, and if I knew how to use a sewing machine it would have turned out nicer. But it is comfy and has lasted a whole year so far with no malfunctions.

mitch
I wonder if I could adapt a justified defiance kit ?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Trumpnut said:
I've just bought a new Daytona helmet . Which is fiberglass and still very thin like the old ones then pulled the core out of it and stuck it to the inside of my old buco .
It cost about $40.00
or you could do that. That's about what I spent too. good tip thanks Trumpnut

mitch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts