Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for letting me in,
I have a 1965 Triumph 650 T120R.
upon trying to connect my clutch cable at the outer gearbox, the end connector broke of where the clutch cable connects. Im wondering what parts i will need and where to obtain. ?
The clutch actuator has a rod, that the top connects to the cable. The top broke off
Thanks in advance for your help
Richie

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
H'lo Richie. If it was me, I would just buy a new cable from the source below. If you'd rather fix the cable you've got, they can sell you the correct (ball? -- pretty sure) end.

In my not especially broad experience, a solder pot produces the best fix. One of those, plus ancillary doodads, is likely to set you back $150. Which is why new cableage, at $30 or $40, makes sense to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
H'lo Richie. If it was me, I would just buy a new cable from the source below. If you'd rather fix the cable you've got, they can sell you the correct (ball? -- pretty sure) end.

In my not especially broad experience, a solder pot produces the best fix. One of those, plus ancillary doodads, is likely to set you back $150. Which is why new cableage, at $30 or $40, makes sense to me.
Ratso.
The issue is not the cable , .....its where the cable connects to the actuator , tyhe female end broke off the spoke looking arm. I may end up with a new cable yes thanks., but I need the actuator end for now.
Much apreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ratso.
The issue is not the cable , .....its where the cable connects to the actuator , tyhe female end broke off the spoke looking arm. I may end up with a new cable yes thanks., but I need the actuator end for now.
Much apreciated
this is the early style without the access hole for the cable to connect.
the cable connects on top , without removing gearbox cover, the later style im familiar with , this thing has like a spoke on the actuator and the end of that spoke is broken off, maybe that comes with the actuator>?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Woops.

I'm sure somebody helpful will come along any time now. Sorry I am not that person. Good luck, glad to have you in the J.J. behavioral sink.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts