Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, another newbie. SOooo..I'm starting another project. My brother gave me his old 1978 Suzuki SP370. It has been sitting in the barn for over 30 yrs. I'm doing some preliminary research (pondering the chore) and realize that I don't have much info on this bike. Anyone know what mikuni carb was OEM on the 370cc? I assume that I will need to either find a kit or replace the old carb (if obsolete) with a current mikuni. Also, anyone familiar with replacing the old ignition components with a CDI and where to find one? I don't imagine the tank being pristine either, so I'll be looking at options for that after inspecting it. I would like to have someone build a SS exhaust for it as well. My thoughts are to build it more towards a modern "adventure bike" than the streetable dirt bike concept of 1978. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated, considered, debated, cussed and discussed. Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi welcome to the forum glad you don,t have the problems the rest of Texas has been having hope to get down your maybe next year for a hog hunt have fun with your build

marty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts