Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 Custom Softail with a Kraftech frame and an Ultima 127 motor. I'm wanting to know more about this particular frame. Been on Kraftech's website, but my frame ID # 4K75 (or an S) 81359YC0009481 is not there.

Anyone out there can help steer me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

By the way, Jockey Journal looks really good.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welcome. Pretty sure all Kraft Tech frame model numbers start with "K". One of the soft tail models is K15073. If your frame serial number is configured the same as my Kraft Tech frame the serial number starts with 4K7S. Contact Kraft Tech with the serial number and I'm sure they can identify the model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input. I did get through to Kraftech today, and they requested I email them with a pic of the number on the frame, since the number I copied down and read to them was not working (got me a little worried for a while). She said a number can easily be transposed. She responded promptly to my email with the history of my Kraftech frame. I have a part #K15014 Softail Style 180 Tire 34 degree Rake 2" Stretch, 2000 year model.
The bike was sold to me as a 2003 and that's what's on the title. I guess my next question is, is the bike supposed to be titled to the year of the frame, or the motor? I would assume it's the frame. That's upsetting because the previous owner probably knew the year of the frame, and titled it wrong anyway.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Special construction vehicles are titled as the year that they are completed and a VIN is issued by the state. Most have components that are several years (at least) older than the year shown on the title. I'm working on one right now with a frame that was built in the 90s, still has the original MSO and has never been titled. If everything goes right it will be titled as a 2022 motorcycle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts