Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone i came across this site looking for info on my on my trident and what a great site it is.

i own a 71 triumph triple that i got from an old farm in nsw and my objective is to turn it into a bobber as there is none around over here.

i will posts some photos soon and i hope you all can give me some input on what i am doin right,wrong or otherwise.

cheers to you all

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
G'day Mate! Glad ta have ya here and have fun! The Tridents are kool and you need to jet the middle carb a little rich so it wont over heat....Roach.

·
Registered
646 Posts
G'day Mate! Glad ta have ya here and have fun! The Tridents are kool and you need to jet the middle carb a little rich so it wont over heat....Roach.
Nice Bike welcome.

Could DR elaberate on the jetting of the middle carb?
Do you need to richen it up all the way through eg. smaller cutaway bigger needle jet and bigger main, or just up the float level to richen thoughout the rev range?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi to kbg,panhead pete and sg its not flat black its satin it has a bit of gloss to it and no it has no rego and i have to wait a year to get my full licence to ride it. You used to only cop a $50 fine for no bike licence if you got pulled over but know they take all your licences off you if you get caught so doin 12 months restricted will give me time to play with it a bit

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Nice Bike welcome.

Could DR elaberate on the jetting of the middle carb?
Do you need to richen it up all the way through eg. smaller cutaway bigger needle jet and bigger main, or just up the float level to richen thoughout the rev range?
You need to make it rich with the jetsm it will help cool the center piston, same thing on Multy cil jap bikes.

A lot of tridents lost a pistion due to even jeting, now we know that the center hole needs more gas.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers for the info on jettin the middle carb mate gotta go see me mate about him comin round to have a look i am no good on that side of things, so do i keep puttin photos on here or do i start a new thread for my bike cause i have come across a lot of things i need answers for and you guys have been so helpfull so far

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.