Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking for some time now, so I figured that I should say hello.

I picked myself up a 78 XS650 a few months ago, and I am in the process of building myself a little chop. So far I have had the frame hardtailed, and I am rebuilding the engine. Hopefully it will all come together for spring 2006.
I have attached a pic of it in roller form.

I have to say that this is one of the best boards that I have found for discussing bike chopping/modification/fabrication etc. I really appreciate the craftsmanship that is apparent in a lot of the bikes that other posters have shown.

The first time I saw the 'blue bobber' of Cole Foster's, I knew I found my type bike. I saw the bike posted on a site somewhere, and it took me a while to find out who the hell created that masterpiece. Cole's work is the inspiration for my chop.

What I find very lacking in customs is the mechnicalness. Similarily that is the problem that I think exists in the automobile world. I love sportscars from the 50s and 60s, think old Jaguars and Alfa Romeos etc, that exhibit mechanicalness and nice bodylines. Unlike the shrinkwrapped cars and bikes of today.

Anyway, just saying hello.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome welcome! Definately one the best boards ot there, and some of the best people as well. Got questions? Ask away, someone will be glad to help..ususally:D . I have an XS mysellf, yours is looking good so far!

XcabbieS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.