Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Those look like a lot of fun. I've seen pix of cars (mostly Model T's) with tracks or chains on the back and skis on the front; and I've seen ice racer scoots with the spikes in the tires; but never anything like these.

Several years ago I wanted to ride my OT late model on a sunny day where I knew the roads were clear, but my driveway was still snow-covered. If I could just get up my driveway (about 150 feet) to the road I could ride for a while. No go. Just couldn't get up a very slight incline.

trucked - how did the trumpet go in the snow?

·
Registered
901 Posts

Ha, it didn't....The bike has sat in the trailer since running it in July..I decided to do some maintenance, I have a large ride in basement, but the trailer is on one side of the house, the basement entrance in the back...It was 15 degrees F....I didn't try to start it .......:eek:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Those look like a lot of fun. I've seen pix of cars (mostly Model T's) with tracks or chains on the back and skis on the front; and I've seen ice racer scoots with the spikes in the tires; but never anything like these.

Several years ago I wanted to ride my OT late model on a sunny day where I knew the roads were clear, but my driveway was still snow-covered. If I could just get up my driveway (about 150 feet) to the road I could ride for a while. No go. Just couldn't get up a very slight incline.

Spreading sand even in a narrow path would have got you up your drive. I have 1000' of drive and have done it a few times.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Spreading sand even in a narrow path would have got you up your drive. I have 1000' of drive and have done it a few times.
Well, I've never been able to think outside the box to solve problems. Maybe in my next life...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts