Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Fucking beautiful man!
I'm always looking for detailed 'how-to's" and those are killer...
Thanks for posting Jason.
Those should definitely be in the tech forum if they're not already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now that is a detailed tech post...the way it should be.

Thanks, man!

·
Registered
266 Posts
oh, Jason!

Budweiser? yick . .. .

;^}

excellent article, as always. Hope you don't catch our nasty cold weather out your way . . .

Best,

BarryW

JasonMcElroy said:
. . . this is the conclusion to the lower end build I posted here a few weeks ago.

I've been riding around almost every day since then. It's been nice and warm here in NYC.

http://www.jasonmcelroy.com/upperrebuild.html

Enjoy,
Jason

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
That's cool man, thanks for the update. What are use using as a lower end, the heads are STD, right? One other thing I saw the heads and the bottom end have JMC what does that stand for. I don't think I've see that before, did you put them on.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G5X said:
What are use using as a lower end?
HD shovel cases. They were from a '71 FL but the left bearing insert got loose a couple years ago. I got replacement cases from HD, which are '92-'99 evo castings machines to shovel specs. Original VIN, although new dot-matrix style

G5X said:
the heads are STD, right?
Yep. I've been running those heads since 2001.

G5X said:
One other thing I saw the heads and the bottom end have JMC what does that stand for. I don't think I've see that before, did you put them on.
Since I won't ever be selling this bike, and built everything myself, I stamped my initials into alot of the parts. I want to be sure that if I ever see any of my parts on a swap table or on someone else's bike that I can act with confidence.

jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts