Goulding produced set-ups for the Harley, the Indian, the Excelsior, the Henderson and the Ace. Then he changed the location of his factory to Saginaw, Michigan. Over the years he did design a special outfit for Indian Scout, and also made the chassis for 45 Harley models.
This LS chassis was produced during most of the life of the HD 45 model, from 1929 thru the 40's. The bodies were made by the Abresch Company of Miwaukee based on Jim Goulding specifications. These specs were based on the Goulding Comfort sidecar.
Goulding sidecars in 20's were sold for about 150$. According to Bruce Palmer III between 1929 and 1952 the 45 HD sidecar body was built by Abresch under contract to The Goulding Manufacturing Company of Saginaw. It was attached to the Goulding chassis and sold under contract back to Harley Davidson or separately to Goulding dealers.
The door (left or right depending on the side of the motorcycle the car was for) in the LS (litecar chassis) was used through at least 1942.
The US produced Goulding LS model was Harley Davidson's official 45 sidecar.
Three types of the Goulding 45 sidecar body were used between 1929-52:
Type A with left side passenger door for lefthand sidecars,
Type B with right side passenger door for righthand sidecars,