Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Good looking rebuild. Looks like you've addressed everything. So whats the notch breather supose to do that the screen doesn't? Ugly piston, could the rear cylinder have been set up a little too tight? Post some pics if the completed engine if you can. Some of them didn't come out. It looks like you won't be doing much riding this week end. Hopefully the weather will get better.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PONY said:
So whats the notch breather supose to do that the screen doesn't?
I don't know about any notch, but the contour of the ramp is supposed to increase the flow of air out the breather window by giving it a gentler radius to follow. I'd imagine you get some pretty big turbulence when the air hits squarely at the back of a stock breather. At any rate, the screen was very restrictive so I'll probably get some benefit right there.

PONY said:
Ugly piston, could the rear cylinder have been set up a little too tight?
No, it wasn't too tight. I set them up at .0035 loose about 15000 hard miles ago. The rear cylinder overheated on a high-speed run due to a timing problem. The advance weights were hitting the inside of the timing cover.

PONY said:
Post some pics if the completed engine if you can. Some of them didn't come out.
When the engine is done I might post a few pics. Some of what didn't come out?

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts