Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old sportster front end on my BSA with a banana caliper and a new 21" rim. The problem is that the caliper mounts on each side of the forks are on the front of each fork. Which as far as I know will only allow for this style of caliper do to the front fork mounts. My problem is that the caliper sits to close to the hub and is wearing the hub. The front mounts become a problem when trying to fashion modern calipers which are made to fit on the back of each fork. my question is this. Can I simply use a right side caliper fitted in the revers manner that it would normally fit on the right fork and fit it to the left (front mounting) fork. In other worlds the back of the caliper facing the front of the bike, on the left hand fork ,mounted on the front of the fork. I think that these are 1978 forks because they have the mounts on the front of each fork. If you know of any caliper types that are smaller in size and simply mount on the front of a caliper that would be great to. Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
A photo would help. If it's a 78 sportster front end which I believe was dual disc sounds like your legs are already swapped , right for left because the caliper mounted to the back. If what I'm thinking is correct they take a much smaller caliper.
I think the banana was only used for 1 or 2 years(73ish) on sportsters with kayaba forks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts