Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yah, I know there are way to many intros on this site, but here it is, the names Bones (Taylor Kingsley on my birth certificate). I reside in college station (student of TAMU) TX and ride a new style (kinda yuppie) trump bonneville america. I have been lurking around for the past couple of weeks and you guys are just blowing my mind, with your project and completed bikes. Anyways, Im a bored college boy (young wipper snapper of 18 years of age) and would like to learn a bit bout chopin. Ill offer my help to anyone within a hour or so ride from the station or houston (my home, real home in exchange for a good learning expierance on chopper fab. Im not a total idiot, I have been working on a VW karmahn ghia for the past couple years and learned a bit, but up here going to school, I never get to work mechanically. Im just scared that my math skills are going to surpass my chopping abilitys and turn into some pencil pushing duesche bag.

Bones

·
Registered
252 Posts
tbone16 said:
Yah, I know there are way to many intros on this site, but here it is, the names Bones (Taylor Kingsley on my birth certificate). I reside in college station (student of TAMU) TX and ride a new style (kinda yuppie) trump bonneville america. I have been lurking around for the past couple of weeks and you guys are just blowing my mind, with your project and completed bikes. Anyways, Im a bored college boy (young wipper snapper of 18 years of age) and would like to learn a bit bout chopin. Ill offer my help to anyone within a hour or so ride from the station or houston (my home, real home in exchange for a good learning expierance on chopper fab. Im not a total idiot, I have been working on a VW karmahn ghia for the past couple years and learned a bit, but up here going to school, I never get to work mechanically. Im just scared that my math skills are going to surpass my chopping abilitys and turn into some pencil pushing duesche bag.

Bones
I've seen some cool stuff done to the Bonneville Americas with little more than a cutting wheel and a grinder! Start hacking on that thing!

·
Registered
936 Posts
You got a prime place to start. I would love the oppurtunity to mind meld one those things. Strip it down bare.

I just got a thought .......old wideline with new bonnie motor in it.

Did you do away with the breather on the head yet?

Welcome. I'm going back to college next year at 30. Don't worry, math will never stop the gears in your head, only makes them go faster.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ol_scratch said:
You got a prime place to start. I would love the oppurtunity to mind meld one those things. Strip it down bare.

I just got a thought .......old wideline with new bonnie motor in it.

Did you do away with the breather on the head yet?

Welcome. I'm going back to college next year at 30. Don't worry, math will never stop the gears in your head, only makes them go faster.
I bought mine with slash cut pipes and the AI (air injection) allready removed. I layed it over about the first 1k of riding it, and swapped a bunch of damaged parts. Put a blue speedy tank, speedy seat, thrux badges, and built a stainless speedo cup with a contatiner I bought in Bed Bath and Beyond. I currently have the front fender off because it gets in the way if I want to nose up to a car and burn out. As far as further mods, I would like to pop on some velocity stacks and drag bars (found out the other day mine are bent <didnt even notice it>). I was thinking about some inverted gas forks, but thats maybe a little out of my budget, but a mod worth thinking aobut.

·
Registered
421 Posts
tbone16 said:
Anyways, Im a bored college boy (young wipper snapper of 18 years of age) and would like to learn a bit bout chopin. Ill offer my help to anyone within a hour or so ride from the station or houston (my home, real home in exchange for a good learning expierance on chopper fab.
I'm bettin' that one of the Crushers or myself would be glad to use you as occasional slave labor while working on the mishmash of Trumps, BSAs, and Yammys that are currently or soon under the torch. Shoot me a PM sometime and I'll try to introduce you around.

tbone16 said:
Im not a total idiot...
This issue alone could keep you from enjoying the company of the Houston contingent. ;) John, Eddie, can I get an amen? LOL

tbone16 said:
Im just scared that my math skills are going to surpass my chopping abilitys and turn into some pencil pushing duesche bag.

Bones
Don't worry, it won't be your math skills: The Man will turn you into a pencil pushing douche bag if you're not careful. But I'm guessing you're already well on your way to saving yourself from that fate.

Anyway, welcome to the board and enjoy!

·
Registered
504 Posts
TNsportster said:
I've seen some cool stuff done to the Bonneville Americas with little more than a cutting wheel and a grinder! Start hacking on that thing!
really? so how do you make the radiator look cool?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts