Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the honda (pizza cutter) has been running like shit. after cleaning the carbs three times, emptying the tank and making sure it was clean i found out that it was a dying battery. popped in a new battery and she ran fine for about 3 blocks, then when back to her same symptoms. WTF??? so this morning after getting off work i went into the garage to clean the fuel system again. popped open the carbs and sure enough, one of the jets wasn't seated in the float bowl. as a matter of fact it was laying in the fucking float bowl. screwed it back in, sprayed air to make sure all passages were clean. refilled the tank, fired her up and damn if she doesn't run like a fucking beast now. couldn't hardly sleep today because i was wanting to abuse the hell out of her.
just wanted to share. hate'em but love'em. kinda like women.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ahhhh, dont ya just love em?!! Glads the cutter is runnin strong! How the hell did the carb come apart like that is my question though..very odd.. Oh well. I had my issue this morn, was gonna ride in this morn, but alas, the throttle was sticking yet again.. Got home this afternoon, did another hight tech aluminum can shim..still sticking..Hmmmm. Pulled on the grip itself a little and viola!! Fixed! Damn I feel stupid sometimes..
Might do TI tomorrow.. Supposed to rain?

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
ha thats part of the pleasure/pain thing....just fixed a fuckin flat on the pan and chopped the handlebars down to a stout 20"

bring something out tomorrow night, weather should be nice

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah should be there tomorrow night. most likely on the honda. boyer should hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

had to go home because a window unit was leaking water everywhere. said fuck it and rode the honda back to work. fucking tits!!!! don't know how fast i was going but, she was screaming like she never has before. woohoo!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
copperbobber said:
I've never had a jet come loose but I did have a needle clip break causing it to fall and plug the jet, and that wasn't good.
I can't tell you how many times that happened with the Amal on my Triumph trying to get the engine running right. "Hmm...It'll idle, but it won't go. Time to open the carb up again." It's especially annoying on an OIF Tiger with just enough clearance above the carb to squeeze the needle in without butchering anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.