Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a load of Triumph pre unit parts and this was in there along with a set of unstamped cases that have been relieved for clearance apparently for the extra swing from being stroked. The crank is a 3 piece pre unit job, the journals were built up with weld and machined offset, I think? .... have not measured them yet so I don't know if they're standard or ????? Flywheel is lightened and has been drilled for balancing. Flywheel is stamped "1/4 stroker" and "MN Hays". I didn't think it was a real good idea to stroke Triumph parallel twins unless you use a Norton crank and follow the rules??
Of course some silly person used a hammer to remove it from the cases at some point.... the crank ends will need some love but they are saveable. This came with a pretty neat factory rigid frame roller and 7 large boxes of parts. I haven't even gone through the boxes yet and haven't found the cams, it will be interesting to see what they are.

tombat

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Wes,
I was hoping you might be able to provide some info on it. I would like to build it as I have a period stretched factory rigid frame it would go with very well. I'll dig through the boxes this weekend to see what else I ended up with.
tombat

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the cams, they are still attached to the timing side case. I was hoping for something exotic but they are just 3134s with no special marking or obvious signs of having be modified or reground. The tappets are still in the cylinder and are R type in good shape. The cam gears are stock and don't show any evidence of having been modified. I still have 4 more boxes of parts to go through. I'll try and get some pics up soon.
tombat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.