Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my Boyer is toast, and am considering other options. I see there is a company called DYNA that makes an electronic ignition module for British twins. Has anybody tried one? Reviews?

·
Registered
500 Posts
hudsoncustom said:
I think my Boyer is toast, and am considering other options. I see there is a company called DYNA that makes an electronic ignition module for British twins. Has anybody tried one? Reviews?
Dunno anything about the British twin version but I run a Dyna S full ignition on my 82 GPZ550 and it stomps ass. I also ran one on my 82 Katana and my 86 GSXR and have always loved them. If they made one for the H2 I'd run it too. So I'm guessing the Brit solution is good too.

I must admit that the one on my GPZ is really hot and will drain the battery if ridden all day with the light on. I believe that a fresh stator will fix that but haven't tried it yet because that bike is parked. That is the only bike that that has happened on but that is also an older "full race" version that I did not install.

Hope that helps some.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
On Todd's reccomendation, I bought one. Just installed it on my bike (Buell motor). Got the top of the line 2000iP:

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/harley_2ki.htm

You can actually hook it up and tune via a PC if you buy the software. Bottom line:
  • good instructions
  • easy install
  • quality stuff
  • warranty
Most places want $375 for it. I got it and the Dyna single fire coil on eBay for $305 including shipping. Check out their website and download the install docs.

Let me know if you need any other info. Oh yeah, the post above this one is true. He helped me install mine.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I've used them on harley and they are damn good. Hey I have a brand new never been used Dyna coil for SALE. Its pretty and green :). Its got a harley set up but isn't the output the same for brits?
hudsoncustom said:

·
Registered
967 Posts
I installed a set of DYNA coils and a DYNA solid state ignition on my 78 GS1000 - What a freakin' difference!!!

I was having a very hard time timing the engine with the points, no problem at all with the DYNA setup. I breathe on the starter button and the thing roars to life - I love it!

I have noticed that the battery runs down a bit, I wonder if I need a new charging system as well...

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
tom said:
non-mag fuckers i ride with are always raving about how easy thier bikes start...****! needless to say i have heard only good stuff about them. install easy too.
serenity now.

i LOVE my Dyna-S on the peterbilt bike. never any worries about barometric pressure or if i had too many sprites. just kick and go. so why mess wif what aint broken.

·
Registered
675 Posts
but are you protected against gremlins? :). What do you feed your gerbil? I like to give mine steroids to make the bike go faster.
todd said:
serenity now.

i LOVE my Dyna-S on the peterbilt bike. never any worries about barometric pressure or if i had too many sprites. just kick and go. so why mess wif what aint broken.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
hudsoncustom said:
Had one than came on my BMW R100. I ran it for years and never had to even think about it. Then again, a friend had nothing but problems with the system on his Kawi Z1. Either the comoany kept sending him bad units, or his own incompetence was to blame. 50-50 chance either way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts