Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not biting the paint job, I'm Flaking a roof and just want to know the color of Super Freak. I thought it was a light blue pearl over silver flake but I can't find a light blue pearl like that. Help a guy out.
Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
You thought wrong. It's all Flake-no pearl. It's a special Flake I made for Daves machine-don't even ask for it.

Different light affects the true color. It's kind of neat. Pearl over flake lowers the sparkle intensity, and it would take a lot of pearl to make a silver look that blue. You could try candy over flake, however.

Brentadour said:
I'm not biting the paint job, I'm Flaking a roof and just want to know the color of Super Freak. I thought it was a light blue pearl over silver flake but I can't find a light blue pearl like that. Help a guy out.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I sometimes I lay down the candy color for the base and spray the colored flake mixed in the clear over the candy base.Yes it does make it thicker but the flake is on top and seems to pop better or at least when I have done flake jobs it does for me.Need to hunt a round and find some old flake thats the color blue your lookin for.I am fortunate in the fact that I have a friend that worked in a bass boat factory and has mason jars full of all colors of flake and if I get in a bind he will come to my rescue with a small supply of said color needed.

I dont have any color flake that is even close to that blue or I would help a brother out.I have seen some old flake colors from time to time on the bay though but doing it the way I described its gonna take a great amount of flake.

Shoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts