Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bigcheese5300 said:
Isn't "Executive Choppers" sort of an oxymoron? That's like "Rich, Urban Dirtbag" or something.
Yea, but I've seen some rich, urban, dirtbags.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Larry T said:
Yea, but I've seen some rich, urban, dirtbags.
It's a weird world we live in. Anyhow, I know what a girder is, but what's a Harman Girder? Is this a specific type, or a replica of an older brand name?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Why would someone want something that ugly and downright dangerous? Wait, i know; Cause its period correct! John Harman did some cool stuff, but in my opinion that one should have stayed dead.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Kyle said:
Why would someone want something that ugly and downright dangerous? Wait, i know; Cause its period correct! John Harman did some cool stuff, but in my opinion that one should have stayed dead.
Huh. Gotta say I disagree completely with the ugly comment. But, variety is the spice of life. And if I was really worried about safe, I wouldn't ride a motorcycle, let alone a rigid springer triumph with no turn signals, one little mirror, no reflectors, and a little tail light....

BigCheese5300 said:
It's a weird world we live in. Anyhow, I know what a girder is, but what's a Harman Girder? Is this a specific type, or a replica of an older brand name?
It's actually usually refered to as a Spirder (springer/girder, get it). I've seen two versions, one has the handlebars integrated into it. The other looks like this attachment. The rear tube contains an internal spring that the lower rocker operates. Very clean, no exposed springs, levers, etc, and 4 and a half feet of glorious chrome....

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here's a shot of an original Spirder on a Knuckle chopper I had. The one time I rode it....it rode great. For a really long front with lots of rake it was nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I haven't seen the Executive Choppers Harman Girders yet...a link anybody?

Here is another link to a look-alike Harman "spirder"...engineering looks good but looks are not even close to the originals..(in my opinion)
http://www.roadrat.biz/id18.html

Here is mine..15" over, original Harman.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ive heard very few good things about them, oh well. I geuss looks are personal opinion...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Z-Bros in El Paso was building duplicates too. The few I saw were very nice and they were building them to your specs for width and length.

Hank

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
****** said:
promise the engineering is dead nuts

Jaxon is top shelf people

looks are always "perspective"
No doubt about the engineering ******!
About the "looks are not even close" I mean compared to an early Harman design...we are not talking l like or I dont like how this one looks...

·
Registered
484 Posts
I dig the Harmon girder (spirder) too. Brother-in-law has got one his '47 Knuck.

The frame has to have a lot of stretch or a gooseneck to look right with this front end. If not, the bars end up in your chest.

The style Jaxon was making looks damn good. Hope he didn't get nailed to hard by Katrina.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here's a scan of Executive Choppers version. The article says available with or without built in handlebars, 6 to 30(!!!!!) inch over stock. The only contact info is a phone number (916) 780-6508.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Harmond front ends

A friend of mine is the nephew of Bill Holland and says he can get me a deal on a front end. What is everyone thoughts on Harmond front ends and was a good price?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Re: Harmond front ends

Bill's shop is just down the street from me, he's is a hell of nice guy, loves to talk bikes and will NOT compromise on quality. I'm pretty sure you can get a good price break if you order them unchromed.

What's left of this bike is hanging on his shop wall. A true chopper pioneer.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.