Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a Harley Sprint, but I've heard these bikes are junk. Its pretty badass looking though. this one looks setup for flat tracking, no lights, single springer seat, no front fender. Guy says it runs. 250cc motor. Anyone know anything about these? sorry no pics, but I think I could pick it up for $750.

Gary

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sprints are cool little bikes. I Had a 350CC sprint back in High School. I don't know a whole lot about them any more. There are a few sprints running around town, fact just seen one in front of the bar last night. I do have a tank off of one, would make kickass tank for bobber project.

I could look up an old pal that was really into sprints and am sure he has parts connections.

I don't think there POS I think they run pretty good. Made in Italy, the 350 actually had pretty decent power. Shit pick it up what the hell:)

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
CrazyD said:
Sprints are cool little bikes. I Had a 350CC sprint back in High School. I don't know a whole lot about them any more. There are a few sprints running around town, fact just seen one in front of the bar last night. I do have a tank off of one, would make kickass tank for bobber project.

I could look up an old pal that was really into sprints and am sure he has parts connections.

I don't think there POS I think they run pretty good. Made in Italy, the 350 actually had pretty decent power. Shit pick it up what the hell:)
D, are you talking about Jacin Theis? He was really into sprints, still has some shit.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I dig those things!

I always wanted one just to make the "insta-bikers" around here scratch their heads.
There's one that shows up on craig's list form time to time that looks pretty mint & is kind of cheap if I remember correctly.
You may be able to score that and have it shipped for less....unless of course, I'm NOT remembering correctly.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, its definitly one of those bikes that makes you say "WTF is that" the first time you see it. Thinking about getting it. I saw somewhere that they can rev something like 10K. thats alot for a little thumper.

Gary

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have owned 4 of them and I like them just fine, however I prefer the 250s, I think the engine is better looking and the bikes have more style. The 250s were both C models. I put one of the 350 motors in an aftermarket racing frame (may have been a trackmaster) and ice raced it all over northern Ohio. The other 350 we used as a WERA road racer. Great fun, not real fast and they need periodic maintenance. One thing about them, you don't see a lot of them on the street anymore.

Hank

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whats with the way the handlebars mount? this one's were really worn out and loose.

Gary

·
Registered
944 Posts
Gary,

The bars are rubber mounted to reduce vibration. They are all like that.
You can remove the rubber bushing and solid mount them, I never noticed any major difference in handlebar vibration either way.
Hank

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see, I'm going to try to work out some deal with the guy, one that won't cost me anything. He came to the shop I work at looking for vehicle lettering and saw my bike there and we got to yappin'. Maybe I can talk him into $750 more worth of signs.

Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts