Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Harley springer front end I bought at the swapmeet which was complete except for the rockers. So I called harley and asked how much the pair cost. They said about 700 dollars for rockers for the front end. So i said screw that I made my own. Let me know what u guys think.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it takes me time to sit design, have a couple of beers. program cnc have a couple more beers, pass out. wake up set up cnc mill, drink a couple while parts run. If part looks good and works well, then ill celebrate to that. It usually takes about a week from design to finished product. where as if harley has it in stock it will only take 1 day to pick them up. But for 700 i rather enjoy my journey in making them myself

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say i will never buy a Harly springer front end with no rockers anymore. But ill be sure to stock up on these from now on.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
That's a really nice piece of work, but you better find a new Harley dealer. bikebandit.com list the price for the OEM parts at $132 each.

Bob

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would just like to add that these are a work of art.
You could even say the exorbitant prices at Harley were your inspiration.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
+1 on the work of art! Wait till ya price out the bushings that go with them..... Un-firgin- real!

·
Registered
426 Posts
if hes got the talent and machinery to make these im sure spinning up some bushings would be something he could do in his sleep

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ill be spinning some bushings to install. ill post a pic of the bushings installed on the front end with the rockers

1 - 20 of 55 Posts