Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there is any diffrence in springer springs, I have a vl and have found some harley knuckle head springs, is there any diffrence, I don't have any old ones to compair to and some people tell me there is no diff and others say there is, any help would be great! thanks

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
VL is longer, the old rule used to be 11 coil Knuckle, 13 coil VL. With Knuckle springs your rockers will point uphill!
Robbie

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you watch for them on "Fleabay" in the antique/vintage motorcycle parts doing a search for VL stuff you'll probably find 'em'. That's where I've found them (originals) when looking for them, for my springer...
Also, only the bottom set (compression springs) is different, the top pair (rebound springs) are the same as a knuckle would use IF I'm not mistaken...
Lastly be aware of buying any from V-Twin... I've heard stories about fitment problems with the outside diameter of the bottom set being a Blonde C-Hair too BIG!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Damn, the things i learn on here. Getting ready to rebuild a VL front end and hadn't even started to research this until now... GREAT info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.