Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my eye on "How to restore your Harley-Davidson" by Bruce Palmer for years. I just couldn't see spending hundreds for one since it was out of print. Everyone has always referenced this book. So I always thought well maybe someday. That day is today my friends. It showed up on my doorstep in a pretty brown box for only $43. They issued a reprint. I got mine from these guys.
http://www.qbookshop.com/products/120679/9780879389345/How-to-Restore-Your-Harley-Davidson.html
I don't know how many they printed but there it is.

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
It was only out of print for about a year if even that long. Many were still in stock in various shops. And Q-bookshops is part of the group that owns Motorbooks, the publishers of that book as well as the distributors of it. It has been available again since October and was discussed on this forum back then. They probably printed thousands!
Robbie

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was only out of print for about a year if even that long. Many were still in stock in various shops. And Q-bookshops is part of the group that owns Motorbooks, the publishers of that book as well as the distributors of it. It has been available again since October and was discussed on this forum back then. They probably printed thousands!
Robbie
I remember wanting this book about 7 years ago, and couldn't get one without a pretty penny. Either way, I have it now and I gotta say, after skimming through it this afternoon,this book should be in every wrencher's arsenal.

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
Seven years ago they were 29.95 everywhere. I have worn a couple out and still have an extra new one for a spare. Where were you looking??
I got my first one directly from Bruce Palmer autographed for that price!
Robbie

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
Get it here for less!
http://www.amazon.com/Restore-Harley-Davidson-Motorcycle-Motorbooks-Workshop/dp/0879389346

And be aware that there are lots of discrepancies in it. Mr Palmer has been updating info for years, but the publishers won't update it. The resto community was glad when it went out of print because it may have meant that he would finally be able to publish the updated version. But Motorbooks printed before their rights ended. So we all still get the old one!
Robbie

·
Registered
457 Posts
I heard Mr Palmer once joked that there was a mistake on every page.

Get it here for less!
http://www.amazon.com/Restore-Harley-Davidson-Motorcycle-Motorbooks-Workshop/dp/0879389346

And be aware that there are lots of discrepancies in it. Mr Palmer has been updating info for years, but the publishers won't update it. The resto community was glad when it went out of print because it may have meant that he would finally be able to publish the updated version. But Motorbooks printed before their rights ended. So we all still get the old one!
Robbie

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robbie[/QUOTE]

Is there a revision sheet or anything out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.