Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have the bike yet but got a line one one for a pretty good price. I am 6 hours north of Dallas 9 hours from Austin, is there anyone in Texas I can take it to that can put the hartail on or...should I just go with a paughco and get a new title for it....

thanks guys

Dustin

·
Not Really Evil.
38 Posts
Why don't you just order a frame from Flyrite?

motorhead said:
Don't have the bike yet but got a line one one for a pretty good price. I am 6 hours north of Dallas 9 hours from Austin, is there anyone in Texas I can take it to that can put the hartail on or...should I just go with a paughco and get a new title for it....

thanks guys

Dustin

·
Registered
111 Posts
i love my flyrite. saves a lot work and is fun to build

·
Registered
825 Posts
I am putting a hardtail on my sprty...that ways the numbers are still good.....IMHO

·
Registered
990 Posts
The Flyrite frame kicks ass. But it only fits an Evo Sporty unmodified. You can get a bolt-on or weld-on from J&P and keep your frame numbers also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I definately love flyrites shit fo sho, I keep forgetting they are doin the sporty thing. I will look into it. I am going to use an evo sportster whichever bike I get, got a 90 model on the line but there are some early eighties bikes around too... Thanks guys

Dustin

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will that hard tail sectiopn work on chain and belt final drive or just one of the two. I would like to go with a chain so I can use flyrites speedline sproter setup

·
Registered
49 Posts
KK hardtail will work with a chain or a belt. he says that a softail belt will work but that's not true. a softail belt is wider than your stock belt and won't work with sportster pulleys. you need about a 136 tooth sportster belt or switch to chain. you also need softail stayle axle adjusters which you can get at bitterend choppers if you can't make em yourself or design your own. you'll prolly need a slightly longer brake line and you'll need to figure out a way to stabalize your rear caliper as on stock bikes it fits around the swingarm. i'm doing mine over the winter and these are the things i've learned so far. by the way, it's a pretty nice peice.

motorhead said:
thats a kick ass tail, it looks like a even dope like me could do it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
did you weld it on yourself, did you have any alignment probs and are you staying with the belt. I built a little hartsil trump so I am kinda familiar with putting a hartail on a stock frame and a have some dab skills and a nice welder so it sounds like I can do this myself witch great being a poor boy and all. you got any pic of yours?

thanks man

·
Registered
49 Posts
heh heh, me too.

i didn't put mine on yet. i'm doing it this winter cuz i wanna ride the rest of the year. i was just giving you a heads up about the shit i've been finding out about it.

motorhead said:
been drinking already..................

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks man...thats whit plan on. get trhe bike this weekend maybe and do it throught the winter.. keep me posted

Later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts