Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had these pics of 2 Sportsters hardtailed on a budget saved for a while, don't remember where I got them. Does anybody recognize them and have pictures of the other side, or pictures of other Sportsters hardtailed like this.
I like the short wheel base and I'm on a budget too. Like to see a few pics see if I like to do it this way or not.
Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes they are Swing arm hard tails (kind of an oxymoron...huh?

The Yellow one belonged to Slims dad's of Slims Fab, but they sold it. The White one belongs to my friend Clarke (he's here) and Slim did that one as well.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
can't you get a sporty bold/weld hardtail section farily cheap? As in 150 dollah range cheap.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The bolt on or weld on hardtails for ironheads usually add about 4 1/2 inches to to the wheelbase. I've put several on and actually prefer that long look, but thats me.

OP said he prefered the short wheel base look, so I think the hardtailed swingarm would be the way for him to go. Not my style, but to each his own. Doesn't look too bad to me though

Sixball

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Doesent look bad but, would look better if it was finished.... weld on the bottom legs and cut out the rest of the swing arm....JMOA.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts