Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
might HAVE to take a loan out on this shov, deal is TOOO sweet

like it says, i would wanna keep stock frame to keep title... hardtail rear...

i assume only weld ons are available, if this is true, where can i get one? how much? who makes good ones etc...

·
Registered
568 Posts
51rat said:
might HAVE to take a loan out on this shov, deal is TOOO sweet

like it says, i would wanna keep stock frame to keep title... hardtail rear...

i assume only weld ons are available, if this is true, where can i get one? how much? who makes good ones etc...
Santee does 'em for under $200...not an easy job if you don't have any experience doing it, though...

http://www.customchrome.com/catalogs/CCP2006/1018.html

I have a friend at a shop who's done a few and can hook it up for you if you can make it down here.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that only says it fits through 72.... hmmmm

supposing i can find one, PM me with what you think he would charge, i could make it down there if need be

·
Registered
896 Posts
It's 72 cause it's set up for mechanical brakes. If you want to run a disk brake you would have to weld your own mounts or adapt somehow.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
51rat said:
that only says it fits through 72.... hmmmm
it says fits thru '72 because it's set up for the (juice) hydraulic drum brake used from '58 > '72. it will fit Any 4 speed frame thru '84.

if you're having someone put it on for you it will be nothing for them to add an anchor tab to the right side so you can run a disc brake.

and you really should humor us sometime, and Try the site's search engine.

it will amaze you how many answers to your "show me pics", "what is a ___", "how do I _____" plethora of posts; are already there, in the recent past.

example : http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7109&highlight=shovel+hardtail

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm running the santee rear on my 78. Welded on a tab for the rotor mount. No big deal, but you have to know where to cut and weld. My buddy did mine, cuz I didnt have a clue and you only get one shot at getting it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts