Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey follks,
Back "in the day" there were lots of laws passed to harass the chopper riding, criminal element and get them off of the streets. I assume the laws are still on the books in most states. There were laws about handlebar height, passenger hand hold, no front brake, and the king--helmet laws. Probably more I haven't thought about.

I'm wondering if anyone has had trouble inspecting their bikes or got tickets for any of these. It's something that could happen if the law enforcement agencies decided to push it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
No inspection in SD, but they have laws. Bars no higher than 15" from the lowest part of the seat, they let you slide, if not higher than you shoulders. Must have a horn, and at least one mirror, mounted on the left side for passing. Lots of other crap they don't enforce until Sturgis.

·
Registered
338 Posts
We have no inspection in OK., which is really nice. Most of the local pigs will wave at you when you scoot past, that's nice too. It's the HI-PO's that'll fuck you up. I've noticed the rattier your bike, the more heat you get....

·
Registered
236 Posts
If its like around here, if it looks ratty they peg you for a club member..

·
Registered
236 Posts
O/T but just seen you were in Tulsa, man, you guys have some killer strip clubs!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Its been years since Ive been there now, but I liked Lady Godivas and The all to used name, Girls,Girls, Girls. I hit more of em last time, but after the 2 I dont member to awful much..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mute said:
Its been years since Ive been there now, but I liked Lady Godivas and The all to used name, Girls,Girls, Girls. I hit more of em last time, but after the 2 I dont member to awful much..
Well things have changed.... The "nicer ones" are still around, and more and more "ethnic" joints pop up all the time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts