Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that it means much coming from me, but this is a great board, it was great when i came in and it remains GREAT, despite me (was it Groucho Marx who said he would never be a member of an organization that would have him as a member!)

But seriously, this forum is focused, thoughtful and friendly. No-one ever gets jumped on, people don't flame others and repeated questions by new members who do not know a topic has been covered don't get whacked either. There are NO armchair bad-asses, know it all ass-holes or whiner political types who want to get off topic and flog everyone with their personal shit.

I find the people who post and answer swap meet ads to be stand up and mostly men of their words.

This is the time of year to reflect on the old year and make plans for the new, this board is headed for an even better year next year.

Thanks for having me and Happy Holidays.

wes

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Amen Brother

And Merry Christamas to you and a Happy New Year.......

Shoe
fouraceswes said:
Not that it means much coming from me, but this is a great board, it was great when i came in and it remains GREAT, despite me (was it Groucho Marx who said he would never be a member of an organization that would have him as a member!)

But seriously, this forum is focused, thoughtful and friendly. No-one ever gets jumped on, people don't flame others and repeated questions by new members who do not know a topic has been covered don't get whacked either. There are NO armchair bad-asses, know it all ass-holes or whiner political types who want to get off topic and flog everyone with their personal shit.

I find the people who post and answer swap meet ads to be stand up and mostly men of their words.

This is the time of year to reflect on the old year and make plans for the new, this board is headed for an even better year next year.

Thanks for having me and Happy Holidays.

wes

·
Registered
7,257 Posts

uhh ..

what was the question .. I'm lost in the smoky 70's haze of the Allman bros circa 8/13/05 thanks to my beLoved Brother BarryW ..

Wes ..

I Love you man, you gotta get back to the Right coast even just to drop in ..

hang in man, great stuff yer doin out there, & Thanx and allow me to Add to the appreciation of this WAY Koool place ,,

and my anonymously copy/pasted - only because of the heart of what you said - post from elsewhere ..

re the season , and the 'net 'nature', just seems to fit what you're saying so eloquently, as well ..

Dear Santa -

I know Christmas isn't the holiday where you say "thanks" for stuff but I want to start out by letting you know what I am thankful for, as a prelude to telling you what I want for Christmas.

I am thankful for the internet.

There is no other place on earth, except maybe Sturgis and a tractor-pull, where I get to surround myself with the dumbest, malocclusioned, *******, cracker, ******* from South Texarkanissippibamatuckyseesiana that mankind has ever inbred, who lift me up and make me feel like the smartest person in the world when I'm feeling down.

There is no other place where, by just typing a few keys, I can get a complete stranger to buy me a plane ticket to come visit them in person, with a promise that they will pick me up at the airport and promptly take me to the hospital after they bash my skull in with their fists.

Is there any higher comedy?

There is no other place where I could probably find a nude picture of your wife in 5 minutes.

There is no other place where I can go to find 5 million different ways to paint over chrome, line a gastank, remove lining from a gastank, fit a sportster front wheel in a wide-glide front end, and get a name for my motorcycle - all from complete strangers, 24 hours a day.

There is no other place where I can get the toughest tough guys to strip naked and show me pictures of their gothic, tribal, biker, armband tattoos, at the drop of a hat - without ever even having to ask.

Where else can I get volumes and volumes of free advice on welding, machining, engineering, mechanics, and fabricating from people who have no idea what the hell they're talking about?

I love the internet.

So, Santa, this year for Christmas, I don't want anything. I already have everything I need.

best regards, Dave ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
"Amen" big time ! Lot's of new ideas, killer deals, kick-ass opportunitys, bad ass bikes and safe riding for this next comin' year to and for all of us JJ Board surfers! And for some of them I should ad, " Merry Businass and a Happy Career" ! :D

(Here something I did back in '98 for that Dutch/Belgian "Bigtwin" magazine... I do some freelance work for them)

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
The JJ has allowed me to become familiar with guys I only sorta new, and has introduced me to guys I would have never come across before. I lost my bike passion a few years ago (only been riding to comute), but it has definitely been rekindled here. Thank you.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wes, right back at 'cha! Merry X'mas to all you crazy fuckers here on the JJ!

Dragon, the "Dear Santa" piece cracked me up. Wife looked at me laughing at the computer screen like "WTF?" Thanks for the chuckle!

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
dont get drunk on carbombs and crash through the christmas tree sloppy drunk then fall on the floor and puke making a big old mess that momma has to clean up and talk to you about acting right the next day and make you feel bad so you go out and buy extra christmas presents for her with money you were saving for a new welder and springer front end but its not about you at this point its about the holidays and appreciating what you have but you really wanted the welder and the springer would look bitchin on your pan but....merry christmas! i love you guys

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
tom said:
dont get drunk on carbombs and crash through the christmas tree sloppy drunk then fall on the floor and puke making a big old mess that momma has to clean up and talk to you about acting right the next day and make you feel bad so you go out and buy extra christmas presents for her with money you were saving for a new welder and springer front end but its not about you at this point its about the holidays and appreciating what you have but you really wanted the welder and the springer would look bitchin on your pan but....merry christmas! i love you guys
dude stay off the internets. you gettin all crazy and confessing and shit. unplug the keyboard

·
Registered
62 Posts
Amen indeed. Great forum, did me get in touch with you overseas guys. Already made a lot of contacts, get a lot of tips on the Jockey.
So I agree, this is the best forum on da net.
Guys, take care, happy holidays and I wil visit the Jockey with great pleasure in 2006, 2007 .....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Merry Christmas Wes..and everyone else too!!
hope you all have a great holiday.

And yes i have to agree, This place KICKS ASS!
I'm proud to have been a part of this board from when it first started..
I've learned a lot reading what's posted, and enjoy the hell out of seeing what others are building..
It's inspiration for my own scoot.

BritBikeMike, where you at in Roch??

Tony

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.