Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Semper Fi...and a thought for our brothers kicking ass in iraq.
Tomorrow is Veterans Day... I will be riding over to Arlington National Cemetery to show my appreciation and pay my respects.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Although I wasn't a jarhead, I was a wingnut, I did teach them in our turboprop class and partied with them, so they have my total respect.Happy Birthday, 230 years of kickin' ass and making our enemies die for their country!

·
Banned
648 Posts
Semper Fi Devil Dogs. This time last year I was sitting in Iraq. Got back from patrol in the middle of the night and hooked up some little speakers to my laptop out side the hooch. Me and a couple other old worn out jarheads who had joined the National Guard for this thing sat around drinking whisky from a mouthwash bottle, smoking real cuban Monte Cristos and watched "Full Metal Jacket" at full volume. The army guys just didn't get it. Man, am I glad I'll be doing it at home this year! Though who says I can't drag the laptop and a 5th of Jimmy out to the back yard...

Might go check out "Jarhead" tonight instead. Anyone seen it? Loved the book, that's my era.

-Billdozer
www.eldiablorun.com

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Damn, Sparky..had no idea. I always knew you were a little fucking nutty, though.

My little jarhead brother just got back from his 2d tour in Iraq and got married...and my old man was one, too. Sorry, I was a doughboy (don't sound so tough compared to 'devildog'). Got mucho respect for the Marines.

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
hahaha yup. that's me. hey man is your brother doing well? did he marry carla or whatever her name was?

fatass said:
Damn, Sparky..had no idea. I always knew you were a little fucking nutty, though.

My little jarhead brother just got back from his 2d tour in Iraq and got married...and my old man was one, too. Sorry, I was a doughboy (don't sound so tough compared to 'devildog'). Got mucho respect for the Marines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.