Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since HD decided to completely fuck up the design of stock hand controls, wtf can I use that ain't gonna cost over $500 and look like a shoebox attached to my bars?

Buell? Metric shit? Any ideas?

·
Registered
71 Posts
StraightPipez said:
Since HD decided to completely fuck up the design of stock hand controls, wtf can I use that ain't gonna cost over $500 and look like a shoebox attached to my bars?

GMA makes hand controls with no switches, really clean.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have stock controls off a 96 sporty that I cleaned up with a demel and angle grinder. The big ugly flanges that mate with the switch housing can be removed and there is quite a bit of other fat to be trimmed. I blased off the black paint and polished. They turned out well. I can post pics tonight when I get home. If you are willing to go with 7/8 the worlds your oyster. Brand new Buell controls are less that $150 at the Stealership. Maybe rock some dirt bike tapered super bars and buell controls. Not many people use that set up on their custom and the whole deal would be really light.
Jakemon

·
Registered
133 Posts
StraightPipez said:

Jesse used Ducati controls on Rustys Dominator(See the new Horse) they looked great!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jakemon said:
I have stock controls off a 96 sporty that I cleaned up with a demel and angle grinder. The big ugly flanges that mate with the switch housing can be removed and there is quite a bit of other fat to be trimmed. I blased off the black paint and polished. They turned out well. I can post pics tonight when I get home. If you are willing to go with 7/8 the worlds your oyster. Brand new Buell controls are less that $150 at the Stealership. Maybe rock some dirt bike tapered super bars and buell controls. Not many people use that set up on their custom and the whole deal would be really light.
Jakemon
Dude, post up the pics!

·
Registered
133 Posts
caffeine said:
sorry to hijack, but Shakedown...but geez....quit bidding on all the cool stuff im bidding on on ebay man! i swear i run accross you like 4 times in the past month or 2!

i betcha between the 2 of us we cost each other hundreds.
Sorry my friend....I never pay attention to who I'm bidding against...E-mail me and I will stop [email protected] I really need something that bad I will tell you and we can work it out....Deal?

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
drop down to 7/8" bars or run clip-ons and you have a whole world of options with the Jap superbike controls (stock take-offs) and switches you can get off ebay. much smaller and super clean...I dig the master cylinders and hydro clutches with the little detached reservoir cup.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
the quality of nissin controls are top notch. honda, buell and others use them. they are aluminum and look/function great. it took tons of time but i used a small bit on the end of a dremel and sanded off all the black paint. it may have been powdercoated but I finally got it all off. bought some levers off of ebay, cut them down and got out the scotchbrite. add in some solid stainless steel bars and a mirror that has a titanium arm and ya got a myriad of metals.

here's how they turned out.

now if I could only get this bike done…

·
Registered
798 Posts
Jireh sells a really clean GMA styled clutch for about 60 bucks the matching brake master is about 139 bucks.
Those Ducati sets will run you about 300-450 for the set, then you need a hydralic clutch actuator if you want to be badass. Also you gotta bore them out to fit 1" bars, and the brake master should be the right size for the brake caliper setup you choose.
I really like that clean up Jakemon did on his newer set, also note Harley had a matching Hydraulic clutch side for the dressers if you running that.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
1999 H-D controls, welded in upper and lower aluminium plates to cover the gap where the button blocks used to be...

Attachments

·
Banned
116 Posts
Used the search to find this old post.
I'm running a hydraulic clutch on my 77 sporty, the specs call for a 11/16 bore master cylinder, the problem is, the very few that are available are either big as a ''shoe box'' or super expensive($500+)
My question is what is the cross reference for 11/16 in metric? i saw some perfect fairly cheap Ducati masters on ebay, has external reservoir so i can clean up bars and mount somewhere else.
Is Ducati italian? cuz i was trying stay clear of anything japanese.
Hey thanks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts