Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was leavin work last night and i come to a stop steet. i shifted down into first and i hear CLUNK- PING! i look down and my chain is hangin loose, and theres a peice of my front sprocket lying on the ground. anyone have any clue as to why this happened? im lucky i have another motor lyin around i just grabbed another sprocket.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Cool, you got one of those rare two-piece drive sprockets. They are pretty valuable for quick gearing changes on the fly, strictly for track use. Did you keep the other half of that rare speed equipment?

Oh yeah, you should also do an intro, let people know who you are and what you ride.

-JB

·
Registered
504 Posts
jeb, are you being sarcastic or is it really a quick release sprocket?

i'm assuming your joking but i was just curious. who knows since i discovered the hard way that norton had a kind of quick change rear axle set up.

it was not dangerous, but a pain in the ass to fab your own axle because since it was two parts, you have to make a bearing spacer that will fit and thread into the other half of the axle, oh and all in 9/16 axle thickness.

what is the axle thickness of triumph?

i like how triumph neck is one inch just like harley. but my norton was 17/18...

norton just had to fuck everything up.... LOL

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JEB said:
Cool, you got one of those rare two-piece drive sprockets. They are pretty valuable for quick gearing changes on the fly, strictly for track use. Did you keep the other half of that rare speed equipment?

Oh yeah, you should also do an intro, let people know who you are and what you ride.

-JB
lol its not a two piece drive sprocket. that sucker just snaped in two. and i apologize for not doing an intro. i didnt see a thread where your supposed to do that like the hamb. so ill do it now. howdy everyone! my names cal, im from new jersey. i ride a 650 yamaha chopper. i build all sorts of stuff in my garage. i gotta alot of junk that keeps me busy. and thats me in a nutshell. :D thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Naaah, just funnin. Welcome to the JJ, Capt Cal. That's some good shrapnel. Did you keep it? I have a small reserve of interesting motor shrapnel like floated valves embedded into the piston crown, melted spark plugs, snapped cams, and an old air compressor piston the size of a soup bowl.

snortonnorton said:
jeb, are you being sarcastic or is it really a quick release sprocket?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts