Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend recommended hairspray to lube/adhere grips to my bars. I tried it yesterday and the throttle grip isn't sticking today. Vintage grips from FRC for a FRC. Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
845 Posts
I clean my bars and the inside of the grips really, REALLY well. Then a small squirt of WD-40 on each one and slide them on. Don't even look at them for a few hours and they should be good to go. I've never had luck with hairspray or anything else to try to make them stick.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the inside of the grip is clean (as in new), while standing by the handlebar, spray the inside with brake cleaner. Quickly slide it on, allow about a minute to dry. You will have to cut it off. Harley techs do this, and I just added grips to my Pan this way. I never tried it with used grips though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Griplock...can get at any of your local dealerships...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've always used a real strong/cheap hairspray (Aquanet) and it always worked. You have to let it dry well though. I know a guy who used that griplock, and it worked well, also. He'll probably need dynamite to get them off though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i used griplock and that shit ain't coming off. i kinda put a little too much in there though and had a little mess, but i was able to get that off.

·
Registered
522 Posts
As simple as it sounds, I've used Super Glue a lot and it works well. I've also used grip lock and it's real good, just have to leave it alone for at least a couple hours before you touch it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts