Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my springer for my triumph this week and this afternoon got a rollen on the ground. I was afaird that the springer was to long. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
yup they seem a little long. The front of the frame is a little too high up there.
leaving it like that and you might be looking at oil starvation problems for the head.

·
Registered
427 Posts
jchatman said:
I just got my springer for my triumph this week and this afternoon got a rollen on the ground. I was afaird that the springer was to long. What do you guys think?
Hey Jeff how goes it...by looking at the only picture you have it appears your bolt on hardtail is a lowering hardtail...it isn't flowing with the back bone if you see what I mean I think a little tinkering with the bolt on will about level you out with the motor in there...good luck with your build...later Chaz

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.I'll look into the hard tail section if I can adjust it. I'm thinking about keeping the springer for another project and run a late sporty frontend closer to stock lenght. All I need are the 35mm forks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
What kind of look are you going for on the bike that high nose was hot in the seventies. Also the tail does look low to me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the hardtail came with the bike.I'm not sure on the style I'm going for. I bought the springer recently and thought that I would give it a try. That's why I ask here what you guys think. Because I was concern on the they way it would ride as is. I might save the springer it for a sporty chopper project later. I bought a sporty tank and a newer sporty front end yesterday at a swap meet. I'll take some pics and post them later to see wht it looks like.Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts