Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this one together about 25 years ago from parts that I had laying around. Sold it about 15 years ago. Got it back.

Click to add title

0512121055a.jpg
Share|Edit|Delete|Move

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well fuck...I tried to make the pictures work. Looks like shit and I can't figure out how to delete the fucking thing.

·
Administrator
7,776 Posts
I'm sure you're glad it's back with you now! I know I would be!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your'e eyes aint going bad. I took the pictures witha cell phone. I don't know why they are so blurry.

I live just outside of Flint.

I'm going to put a stock length springer on it, with a 16" wheel, a set of original bars, other than that I am not sure yet. I also got 2 Goulding side-cars with the deal. Not sure what to do with the cars yet either.

·
Administrator
7,776 Posts
I'm going to put a stock length springer on it, with a 16" wheel, a set of original bars, other than that I am not sure yet. I also got 2 Goulding side-cars with the deal. Not sure what to do with the cars yet either.
Sell the sidecars and don't do a thing to the bike, just get on and ride!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man, the gas in this thing is rotten. I've never seen gas turn black like this stinky shit is. The tanks have some rust in them. I had to use air pressure in the fuel line to get the stuff to flow. Going to be a mess getting the tanks and carb cleaned out.
The carb is a M641. I'm thinking it should have an M51.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wish I could talk someone into trading me a U like that for my 93" , 5 speed FL Shovel!!

Rad scoot man.....Knuckles are cool and all but I'd really rather have a BTSV...

Justen

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Justen...I see that you are from Wis. Do you ever get to the Appelton HD shop? I sold the guy that owns it my 41 Indian 4 cylinder and a few other HDs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nah...that's a good couple of hours notheast of me. Try to keep things a bit more local if NEEDING to go to an HD shop! Sounds like you've had a nice array of bikes!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nah...that's a good couple of hours notheast of me. Try to keep things a bit more local if NEEDING to go to an HD shop! Sounds like you've had a nice array of bikes!
I collected them for 40 years. Had 22 at one time. Health went to hell. Sold a 65 Pan, 51 Pan, 69 Shovel, 47 Knuckle to some guys from your area. They were all friends of Terry at the Dealership. Most have kept in touch, all are happy with the bikes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Big Time congratulations for you and Nice friggin build, the way it used to be and for some of us it still is!!! I have tried to find some of my old builds from back in the day, with no luck. I must be old the pictures looked normal to me. A little blurry but what isn't these days.
Nice Springer shock on there, I have three of those, original monroe's......
Really like the build and especially the story. I would love to find a couple of mine that I built 25+ years ago down in the Inland Empire, Berdoo....Ontario....Cucamonga...
48Pan....50Pan......45ci flatty.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I collected them for 40 years. Had 22 at one time. Health went to hell. Sold a 65 Pan, 51 Pan, 69 Shovel, 47 Knuckle to some guys from your area. They were all friends of Terry at the Dealership. Most have kept in touch, all are happy with the bikes.
I've only got 4 bikes right now....31 years old now, but know there shall be many more and plan to keep whatever I can.

Love the build of the UL-absolutely a timeless everyday bike. All of mine are a bit different, different purposes I guess. I guess these stories are all relateable to us in some degree. I'll keep an eye on this thread and any of your other stuff. Take care-

Justen

1 - 20 of 31 Posts