Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working on this old '71 Trump for a few months when I had time. I took her out for the first time today to see how everything worked. No problems yet. Still have a bunch of small shit to work on, clean up my wiring and make a few little odds and ends. Powder coated the Baas Metal Craft headlight bracket today (Thanks Teach) and it looks great. I am very happy with how she sits, this is exactly the look and stance I was after. Need to come up with a small fender for the rear. Other than that I am happy. I am calling her "Poco Bici *****".

</IMG>

·
Registered
617 Posts
DAMN! man that is bad ass!! There's some nice stuff being built around here lately.

Is that a bicycle seat?

mitch

·
Registered
581 Posts
I love what you have done, it looks great. Can you comment on the ride hight and your overall experiance as it relates to the ride quality and handling.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craven Moorhead said:
I love what you have done, it looks great. Can you comment on the ride hight and your overall experiance as it relates to the ride quality and handling.
I know it is low and that is of some concern...as far as overall experience, none really yet as I have only rode her maybe 30 miles since the rebuild/transformation. Handeling is fine, the seat is not that bad, actually maybe a little more comfortable than my other bike, but comfort isn't really why I build them like I do.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Cool bike! I'm running an almost identical seat on my rigid Sportster-seat post and all but it's not on the road yet.I'm dyin' to find out....how's the ride on that seat? I made a different seat pan that is shaped similar to a Bates style solo_Other than that it's identical to your's.Thanks. -Strat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't run a fender at all. You're done. Clean up the mechanical stuff (wiring, etc.) and ride. What the hell would you need with a fender on that thing? Gorgeous, man.

·
Banned
648 Posts
Mike,

Looks really bitchin'. Stance is perfect IMHO, if not the most practical. (Like you said, practical was not your intention.) Low, lean and flat black is always a winner... Going to keep it black or do you have plans for adding some fancy flake to it?

Are those Sporty forks? How much did you take out of them and how much travel do you get like this?

Got any more photos that show the front end and that headlight mount?

I find the seat strangely cool.

Great job.

-Bill
www.eldiablorun.com

·
Registered
174 Posts
Brilliant, love that shortened front end and turned down bars. Sweet looking bike, plenty of smiles per mile.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Billdozer1811 said:
Mike,

Looks really bitchin'. Stance is perfect IMHO, if not the most practical. (Like you said, practical was not your intention.) Low, lean and flat black is always a winner... Going to keep it black or do you have plans for adding some fancy flake to it?

Are those Sporty forks? How much did you take out of them and how much travel do you get like this?

Got any more photos that show the front end and that headlight mount?

I find the seat strangely cool.

Great job.

-Bill
www.eldiablorun.com
Here's a better pic of the forks and t he headlight mount....yes they are from a sporty and I need to shave them.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
That bike is Ruling!!!! Here is the headlight bracket design

Mike V said:
Here's a better pic of the forks and t he headlight mount....yes they are from a sporty and I need to shave them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The lack of stretch in the lower rear makes for some really nice lines. One of the things I dislike seeing on many of the bolt-on hardtails is that 8-10" of stretch that is rarely utilized.

Looks Killer!

tim

1 - 20 of 27 Posts