Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last July my chop decided to lunch the crankpin. After being completely gutted, enduring a full tranny rebuild, having the engine balanced and trued, and heads planed, along with a fully hand built springer front end she is up and running again. I have to fiddle with the carb a little bit and adjust the timing slightly. Hoping to get a ride in tomorrow to see how it feels at speed.

This thing was a nasty vibrating menace before.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. The engine is mildly ported. It runs KB 8.5 forged pistons. The cylinders are decked .100", and the heads shaved .015". It now has 11.1:1 compression. Runs an Andrews B2. Except for the heads this is the same config it was running before. It is a pretty mean ride. It will never be the fastest, but it gets out of its own way.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks great. Sounds rude. How's it runnin and how's that seat post working out? Doesn't seem like a ton of travel (but more than straight rigid). Def interested to know. Great work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great. Sounds rude. How's it runnin and how's that seat post working out? Doesn't seem like a ton of travel (but more than straight rigid). Def interested to know. Great work.
The shock is a small gas unit I got from a bicycle shop for 20 bucks. You can change the spring rates easily on it. This one is at 450 and us a little tight but very comfortable. Way better than the little beehive springs that would always bottom out and then unload on you after a major bump.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sounds good Jockey....
GBM

·
Registered
506 Posts
Real sweet, Johnny. Now if there was some decent riding weather...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.