·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Polock Joe said:
Speaking of pans....post a pic of yours....the way it is now not that swingarm one.
You mean a pile of parts displaced throughought my garage?

I'm selling some stuff shortly to get the funds together for completion.

·
Registered
57 Posts
nice bike man, i think that going to be my next style of bike. I'm tired of choppers and have lost all motivation to build anything. But that swingarm frame and that cool aluminum frontend Thats something i could get into

·
Registered
583 Posts
If that's origonal it looks like a 1965 Pan. If it is, it's worth $$$ in origonal form. It was the Last year of the Panhead and The first year of the Electric Start and that makes it Collectable. On the open market they fetch $25-30k check out Walnecks Cycle Trader. So if it is what it looks like, with a little restoring it could provide you with enough funds to just about anything you wanted. I only say this because there is not a lot of unbutchered 65's around and considering an origonal 64 or 66 harley brings around $15k, a nice 65 is a real find. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No its fare from original. its a 48 motor that was all updated to 65 specs, and sits in a 58 frame. I got it for what i think is a good deal (4500) with title (to the motor). Shit I wish it was original though. I'd be creeming myself.

I've though about leaving it in the swingarm frame. I've seen this bike a few times and really dug the look of the swingarm. I dont know whos bike this is, so if it someones on here dont ghet pissed.

PONY said:
If that's origonal it looks like a 1965 Pan. If it is, it's worth $$$ in origonal form. It was the Last year of the Panhead and The first year of the Electric Start and that makes it Collectable. On the open market they fetch $25-30k check out Walnecks Cycle Trader. So if it is what it looks like, with a little restoring it could provide you with enough funds to just about anything you wanted. I only say this because there is not a lot of unbutchered 65's around and considering an origonal 64 or 66 harley brings around $15k, a nice 65 is a real find. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
583 Posts
OH well. It's a gerat looking bike and would sell for about $6-$8k around here. It looks like a stock style wrap around oil tank in the rigid frame pic. You'd need a different oil tank/batter combo to run the electric start in the rigid. Man you still got a good deal. It looks like a very clean well kept up bike. How does it run? Mine is a 56 Pan/shovel, iv'e had it for 18 years and would like to go back to a Pan top end but good stock heads are So hard to find. Good Luck with it..

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, It in pretty good shape. To be honest it seems to be in better shape than when I first found out about it. It runs alright. Its gonna need the carb rebuilt and a set of rings. Thats why I'm pulling the motor tonight. I want to get that fucker on the road.Funny thing about it though. The cat I bought it from could never get it started, but everytime I went to fuck with it it starts right up with no problem. Luck I guess......
PONY said:
Man you still got a good deal. It looks like a very clean well kept up bike. How does it run?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts