1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
565 Posts
If that's origonal it looks like a 1965 Pan. If it is, it's worth $$$ in origonal form. It was the Last year of the Panhead and The first year of the Electric Start and that makes it Collectable. On the open market they fetch $25-30k check out Walnecks Cycle Trader. So if it is what it looks like, with a little restoring it could provide you with enough funds to just about anything you wanted. I only say this because there is not a lot of unbutchered 65's around and considering an origonal 64 or 66 harley brings around $15k, a nice 65 is a real find. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No its fare from original. its a 48 motor that was all updated to 65 specs, and sits in a 58 frame. I got it for what i think is a good deal (4500) with title (to the motor). Shit I wish it was original though. I'd be creeming myself.

I've though about leaving it in the swingarm frame. I've seen this bike a few times and really dug the look of the swingarm. I dont know whos bike this is, so if it someones on here dont ghet pissed.

PONY said:
If that's origonal it looks like a 1965 Pan. If it is, it's worth $$$ in origonal form. It was the Last year of the Panhead and The first year of the Electric Start and that makes it Collectable. On the open market they fetch $25-30k check out Walnecks Cycle Trader. So if it is what it looks like, with a little restoring it could provide you with enough funds to just about anything you wanted. I only say this because there is not a lot of unbutchered 65's around and considering an origonal 64 or 66 harley brings around $15k, a nice 65 is a real find. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
565 Posts
OH well. It's a gerat looking bike and would sell for about $6-$8k around here. It looks like a stock style wrap around oil tank in the rigid frame pic. You'd need a different oil tank/batter combo to run the electric start in the rigid. Man you still got a good deal. It looks like a very clean well kept up bike. How does it run? Mine is a 56 Pan/shovel, iv'e had it for 18 years and would like to go back to a Pan top end but good stock heads are So hard to find. Good Luck with it..

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, It in pretty good shape. To be honest it seems to be in better shape than when I first found out about it. It runs alright. Its gonna need the carb rebuilt and a set of rings. Thats why I'm pulling the motor tonight. I want to get that fucker on the road.Funny thing about it though. The cat I bought it from could never get it started, but everytime I went to fuck with it it starts right up with no problem. Luck I guess......
PONY said:
Man you still got a good deal. It looks like a very clean well kept up bike. How does it run?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.