Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flew to Orange County on Friday and picked up the new FZ1.. rode to Tucson and spent a day and a couple nights with George and Wendy. Headed home on Sunday.

Review of '06 FZ1.. AWESOME. It is definitely the fastest bike I have ever owned. 100 mph isnt even pushing it in 2nd gear.

I am catching up on emails right now.. thanks the for patience guys.

·
Registered
617 Posts
what? no pics???

·
Registered
770 Posts
The new R1 Le is like a fuckin crazy deal. Its like what some people were callin race bikes a year ago and selling for like three times as much, but faster.

If the new Fz1 is anything like that, its tits.

GOOOOOO 46!!!!!!!!

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys, no pics. Just riding. Flew out with a helmet and a small backpack.

The FZ is the same motor as the R1 but detuned (less compression, different cams, etc). It makes 130 hp at the wheel stock. I am going to be making a few mods which should net about 150 hp at the wheel.

I was going to get an R1, but I wanted to ride the bike.. so I compromised with the FZ1. Glad I did, 1100 miles on an R1 would have been painful. The FZ1 was comfy!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm glad to see that by your description of the ride you didnt do any of that unsafe stuff. Like ridding wheelies or no hands, stopies ect. Remember motorcycles are NOT toys and require you use them in a safe and responsable manner at all times.
PS If I was feeling better I would have rode up and and said hi. Enjoy the new bike SAFELY.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
enjoy that one - like Fredo said - it must be nice flying throught the desert on it,,, I was haulin ass today on my 45" must have hit 60 mph**-AJ

**on a downhill with a strong breeze at my back

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
nice!! im afraid of a bike like that. id easily kill myself.

since its confessional time ive put almost 2k miles in 3 weeks on a new (20 yr old design) kawi KLR. 50% not on pavement.

how many hail marys?

although its not that fast, doing 80 down a gravel road is fun.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Cool bike, did you move your ZRX? My brother has been trying to sell his 01 ZRX in PA, but hasn't had much luck (4k on the bike, pipe, seat, asking $4,300).

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ssjones said:
Cool bike, did you move your ZRX? My brother has been trying to sell his 01 ZRX in PA, but hasn't had much luck (4k on the bike, pipe, seat, asking $4,300).
Yep, sold it for $3800.. wouldnt have minded keeping it, but other projects are calling.

·
Registered
101 Posts
thats a trip. been lookin' for a ZRX (locally and REASONABLY priced) for 2mo. someone got a deal on yours.

FZ1 is pretty sick. buncha Bandit 1200s in the local adds...may just go that route. 1 guy in the state w/'95 CB1000 and he wants way too much.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Those Bandit 1200's are bad ass. Not as fast as that new FZ1, but plenty fast in their own right. plus, there are a lot of aftermarket parts for them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Jesus, this sounds like me.

Fredo said:
I'm glad to see that by your description of the ride you didnt do any of that unsafe stuff. Like ridding wheelies or no hands, stopies ect. Remember motorcycles are NOT toys and require you use them in a safe and responsable manner at all times.
PS If I was feeling better I would have rode up and and said hi. Enjoy the new bike SAFELY.

·
Registered
233 Posts
buddy at work has one and loves it..cant hardly keep rear tires on it though..tonight we headed out to lunch and we both took off..when i was shifting into third..you should have seen the look on my face when I realized..1..that in my stupid attempt to race a FZ1 I had slammed into 3rd so hard a weld broke and I was holding my shifter arm in my hand...and 2..as soon as i realized this fact..he pins it in first and lifts the front end and leaves me in the dust...those things are stupid fast

·
Registered
237 Posts
Damn. I'm a bitch. I remember when KZ1000's were fast.

Dirty Richard said:
buddy at work has one and loves it..cant hardly keep rear tires on it though..tonight we headed out to lunch and we both took off..when i was shifting into third..you should have seen the look on my face when I realized..1..that in my stupid attempt to race a FZ1 I had slammed into 3rd so hard a weld broke and I was holding my shifter arm in my hand...and 2..as soon as i realized this fact..he pins it in first and lifts the front end and leaves me in the dust...those things are stupid fast

1 - 18 of 18 Posts