Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Brother died of Cancer in 1975 he was 30, I was 13 this is the first street bike I ever rode on, anyway I have been bugging the guy who has owned it since his death to sell it to me for the last 15 yrs or so I pick it up next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
thats awesome you got him to sell it to you finally.thats a good looking bike.does it still look the same?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congratulations, that's awesome. We had a lead on the last chopper my dad built before he stopped riding for 25 years, but we never got contact info on the guy. Really too bad.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Very very very cool Roy sorry to hear about your brother.......

Wheres the photo taken would that be a certain track on 16th street in Indy?

Was your brother a driver such as yourself?

Really need when your able to get your some of your history back let me know if ya need any help with it.

Hes not heavy hes your brother:)

Shoe

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thats great.Most people never get that chance. I think most everybody has something out there that they wish they could get back. You've do what most of us only dream about.. Congrats..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Very very very cool Roy sorry to hear about your brother.......

Wheres the photo taken would that be a certain track on 16th street in Indy?

Was your brother a driver such as yourself?

Really need when your able to get your some of your history back let me know if ya need any help with it.

Hes not heavy hes your brother:)

Shoe
Yea thats 16th and Georgetown I thought you knew my brother was an Indy car driver Shoe. He ran Indy from 71 until his death in 75, both my brothers were USAC national Champions in Midgets and Jimmy was also USAC National Champ in Chanpp Dirt (silver crown ) cars. Gene Romero hooked my brother up with that bike right after they both won their respective titles, Gene 1970 AMA Flat track Jimmy 1970 USAC Midget, They were best friends and room mates. I will post some pics as soon as I get it home. Not sure what kind of shape its in I bought it sighr unseen, but knowing the guy I am getting it back from I think it's probably decent.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Way to go Racer5c!
Perseverance paid off, you turned back the clock.

The bike probably has some cool modifications just judging by the old pic. Cerianni front end, aftermarket or custom tank/seat/tailsection, 2-1 pipe, etc...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Afriend of mine just purchased a helmet your brother wore at indy, he was a midget crew guy for many years and is a bike guy also. We work on Mark Donohues 1973 Eagle Offy together. Small world, congradulations on the bike. Your brothers we recently inducted to the midget car hall of fame at Sun Prarie wernt they?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
ive been trying to get the guy my father sold his knucklehead to to sell it back to him (its sitting in the same place only now its in CRATES since my father sold it to him) the guy wont sell it for shit............at even pretty stupid money..

whatever, my father asked him if he could borrow the tanks to match the paint again, and he gave him the tanks.....which i doubt he is going to get back ;)

i could see if he was going to actually DO sometihng with it..

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
That is very good news! It's nice to keep things in the family! I've been trying to hunt down my Dad's '30 Model A Hemi coupe that he sold in the 70's. Can't find it. I would love to pull it back into the family like you're doing. Congratulations and my condulences.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Craven Moorhead said:
Afriend of mine just purchased a helmet your brother wore at indy, he was a midget crew guy for many years and is a bike guy also. We work on Mark Donohues 1973 Eagle Offy together. Small world, congradulations on the bike. Your brothers we recently inducted to the midget car hall of fame at Sun Prarie wernt they?
Jimmy was already in as was my dad, I accepted the award for my brother Danny, who is your friend who bought Jimmy's helmet? Maybe I know him

Roy Caruthers

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Wow!
Heavy is right.
Congrats on getting the bike back.
I don't know why it bugs me when someone won't sell something to someone it clearly means more to....but that's just me.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My friends name is Paul Jagodinski, he crewed with a few different teams. I know he is a huge fan of your brothers. I know he felt Jimmy really defind what a real race car driver was all about. We should be at Indy on carb day with the #66 this year, let me know if you have any interest ( I know most dont with the current state of things) We are there out of the respect for the history.

·
Registered
85 Posts
racer5c said:
My Brother died of Cancer in 1975 he was 30, I was 13 this is the first street bike I ever rode on, anyway I have been bugging the guy who has owned it since his death to sell it to me for the last 15 yrs or so I pick it up next week.
Man, that is so cool. Too bad it took him so long to pass it back! It's only right!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts