Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 66 BSA two weeks ago and have been trying to make up my mind on wich direction the build should go. Bobber or Street Tracker , Does anyone know of a good ridgid frame for the BSA if I decide to go that route will I have registration problems. Any help or insite would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
There are no aftermarket ridged frames for Bezzers realy, so you will have to weld on one to your frame and then have the same numbers,,,

......Roach.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't know if i'd f*&k with the frame. But if you have to hardtail it, I'd at least keep those bowlegged outrigger downtube things intact behind the air cover...that frame really stands out different to all others.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I asked the sae thing when i bought a 66 spitfire basket case (also a rare bike) ... I have to go with these guys and say better not to molest a rare frame.

You can get a hardtailed frame made that will work tons better than hard tailing one to start with.

AND

after 40 years of riding that frame is going to need a ton of work to get perfectly straight again if it was anything like my frame. The Hardtail frames show up on the bay or here from time to time pretty cheap as well. Sometimes cheaper than the hardtail section to weld on the front loop of the frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will post pictures when I take more and figure out how. But my plans Do Not include cutting up the original frame. I would like to get a aftermarket frame for the bobber buildif I go that route, as far as the bike
1) no tank
2) jap front end
3) no seat
Other than that it run's and seem's sound.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Either way would be cool, not a lot of BSAs in the mix and definitely not a lot of Tracker Beezers. I've got a host of extra BSA frames, engines, and misc. parts, if you need something PM me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.