Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
I'd take you out and show you the fun things, but I'm going to be back in NY. Anyway, check out the following by neighborhood:

City Center
-Pike Place Market. Eat seafood and fresh stuff. Go get shit faced at The Alibi Room at noon...ask where it is, you'll never find it.
-Take a Ferry to one of the local Islands. Drive around, eat, drink.

North Seattle
-Gas Works Park (Fremont Neighborhood). Old industrial steam plant that's been converted into a park. See turbochargers bigger than Volkswagen Beetles and other giant industrial stuff. Killer views.
-If you dig architecture, check out the University of WA campus
-Ballard Ave. Sunday farmer's market (Ballard Neighborhood). Good food in a real neat neighborhood. Stop by Anchor tattoo on Market St.

South end of Seattle
-Lucky's Choppers and Jules Mayes' (bar) in Georgetown (south Seattle neighborhood)
-Museum of Flight at Boeing Field (worth every damn penny of admission)
-Go see a Mariner's game at Safeco Field. I could give two shits about baseball, but it's one bitchen stadium.

Capital Hill
-Drink on Broadway (yes, the Broadway from Sir Mix-A-Lot songs) on any night Thurs.-Sat. (be prepared to see some freaks)

There's a lot of homeless people downtown, but they're nice. Make them do pushups or tell you a joke for spare change.

You're coming at the best time of year...it's beautiful here in July.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh I know all the places. I lived there for 11 years. I'm coming up to see friends but wanted to know where the bike fun is :) Thanks for the info though !
Tony Bones said:
I'd take you out and show you the fun things, but I'm going to be back in NY. Anyway, check out the following by neighborhood:

City Center
-Pike Place Market. Eat seafood and fresh stuff. Go get shit faced at The Alibi Room at noon...ask where it is, you'll never find it.
-Take a Ferry to one of the local Islands. Drive around, eat, drink.

North Seattle
-Gas Works Park (Fremont Neighborhood). Old industrial steam plant that's been converted into a park. See turbochargers bigger than Volkswagen Beetles and other giant industrial stuff. Killer views.
-If you dig architecture, check out the University of WA campus
-Ballard Ave. Sunday farmer's market (Ballard Neighborhood). Good food in a real neat neighborhood. Stop by Anchor tattoo on Market St.

South end of Seattle
-Lucky's Choppers and Jules Mayes' (bar) in Georgetown (south Seattle neighborhood)
-Museum of Flight at Boeing Field (worth every damn penny of admission)
-Go see a Mariner's game at Safeco Field. I could give two shits about baseball, but it's one bitchen stadium.

Capital Hill
-Drink on Broadway (yes, the Broadway from Sir Mix-A-Lot songs) on any night Thurs.-Sat. (be prepared to see some freaks)

There's a lot of homeless people downtown, but they're nice. Make them do pushups or tell you a joke for spare change.

You're coming at the best time of year...it's beautiful here in July.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Okay, plan B.

Antique Cycle Northwest
127B Broadway (behind Hollywood Video in the alley)
Seattle, WA 98102

Vintage Motorcycles Northwest
309 E. 196th St.
Spanaway, WA 98387

Both of those places will have a lot of neat stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts