Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Shovel has a GMA rear caliper and a few years ago I put a new GMA rear master on it. The rear brakes suck. I don't know if its just the pads are glazed or the rotor, but you have to stand on the pedal. I also am curious if the stupid forward controls have the correct leverage on the lever.

Anyone have good brake feel with one of these? Or not? I do plan on getting a new rotor and pads, mine are worn some.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What size is the bore on the master cylinder? 5/8" will move more fluid and 9/16 will increase line pressure. Start with the new parts and see how it feels. My GMA front caliper seems to work great and doesn't require a lot of effort.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the same set up on my rigid with no problems,seems to work fine. The mount plate looks a little different,and the mount is below the rotor,not on top,but appears to be the same GMA caliper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pretty confident the master is correct, as I got it from a friend that really knows his shit. Also the lines were new a few years ago, and it never worked very well. I'll try the pads and rotor first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.